General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Signature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueBirdMan

193 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  10:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueBirdMan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do I get a picture to be my signature on the site for post and stuff?

Please Help!

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  12:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To get a signature to appear at the bottom of your posts, you have to enter one in your Profile. Go to your Profile and enter the text you want as your signature in the text box labeled "Signature." There's also a feature that lets you preview your signature before saving it so you'll know that it'll look the way you want.
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  5:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think these forums allow the use of a picture as a signature on your posts, text only. However, you can have a picture on your profile.
Go to Top of Page

CountGirl
Top Member

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure, but I thought I saw some people around here with pics of buses in their signatures. It would probably be easily seen in one of the photoshop threads. Ask them how they did it, maybe?

Count

Give me a yellow object. Yes. Right now. I need my yellow chocolate, for goodness sake!
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  6:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to try to put a picture in my signature today, and I had it working for a while, then I changed it and now it doesnt work. The way I did it was as if I were putting a picture in a post, like putting the pictures URL between [ img ] and [ /img ]. but I think theres a limit to the number of times you can use it in a day with my host, so I'm going to find a different host site, once you find a host site you put the picture on there and put the URL between [ img ] and [ /img ] and it should work. I found a few host sites by going to yahoo and searching for "image hosting".
Hope this helps!
**It should I got mine to work!**

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*

Edited by - Chris on 01/03/2004 7:28:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  8:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, I guess you can. I've seen plenty of pics and banners on people's signatures. Next time I will leave it to the pros to answer before I put my foot in my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  8:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol im no pro at all, I just started expirimenting today! and finally got it.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  11:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to find out how also.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  01:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueBirdMan

How do I get a picture to be my signature on the site for post and stuff?

Please Help!

Do what BusMan06 said, but take the spaces out of:"[ img ] and [ /img ]. " He put the spaces so it won't be a blank box with a red "X" or this: . The easiest way to find the image's address is to go to the website it's on, right click and select properties, and then copy the Address or URL. Paste it in between the two image things and send it. It should work the same if you put it in a post. Remember, only pictures on the Internet!! And ALWAYS ask for permission if the picture isn't yours. You can find free hosts or you can host it on your hotmail profile or even your AOL hometown page (AOL members). Hope that helps.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 01/04/2004 01:31:12 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000