cutting overtime
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

macondriver
Top Member

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2003 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Send macondriver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i know our costs are high and cuts needed to be made but we got everything cut at once........i depended on what little overtime i was getting now if it is your weekend to work you have to take a week day off...but what is not right is i know that this one woman in our office, she is the bosses pet, and she flunts it, she is rude, has her nose up in the air unless the boss is around then she is sweet as honney..fake.... they are even so open about it. but we all know she is getting all kinds of overtime......she is helping out in another department, but hey so am i .......i do work for all different departments but i still can not have even a second of overtime, it is not just me , there are lots of us that are getting fed up with this friendship between boss and pet.....we all work our butts off to help this contract yet only one gets the rewards, and if you say anything to the boss she will snap on you.."no one is gettign over time " yet we see this one empoyee there as much as 10 and 12 hours a day.....no way is she doing this for free. then after i had to take a day off this week because i wrked both fri and sat after thanksgiving, i came back on thur and she made a remark aobut others having to pick up my slack because i was not there to do my own work, isaid hay missy i had no choise in the whole thing and you know it, not all of us can be the bosses puppy.......what can i do? if i go to the bosses boss my work life will be hell.....it is so unfare, we are all adults and if ther e is over time to be had it should be divieded so we can all make a little extra money

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  07:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every good manager's job is to control overtime. On the other hand, it needs to be done fairly and consistant as possible.I consider it's the employee's responsibility to address any problems they're are having. First, you need to discuss this with your direct supervisor first. If not satisfied go to the next level. Make sure you have your facts correct. We consider it a performance issue if you don't address a problem and just complain about it. We do have a open door policy and encourage driver's to address there problems in this manner. This is how we work it and works very well. Now in the real world I know drivers may not always get the support they should. If you need help ask your HR department for advice. There's not much that can be done until you address the cituation through the proper channels.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Chock Wheels For Life
Proud American For Life

Edited by - PHW on 12/08/2003 07:37:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2003 :  6:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi macondriver. Have you ever thought of maybe getting a small weekend job? This would help im sure, and this way you don't have to depend on trying to get overtime, it maybe even be a possitive thing because you will be splitting things up a bit. Just a thought, maybe retail store, or something.
Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

macondriver
Top Member

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  12:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send macondriver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't mean to sound like i am complaining, really i am just blowing offf steam....and i am more then thankfull to have my job....where i am jobs are few and far between...i have spoken to my supervisor, he is great....but he is not in the click either, for one thing we are kinda split..away from the rest of the staff, on one side of the building is the dispatch, thats us, and the camera room, thats me too...and the rest rooms, in the middle is the drives room,threw a door is the offices, managers, we have two there and safty, special ed and payrole...all those offices are on the same side , share the same hall and interact threw out the day, in the rear of the building is the garages... so we are not in the "hub" of things.....we rarely see the others uless they want something , like help with their work load....like ours isn't enough ....... but i am one of the newest so alot of them try to put extra work on me and i don't mind at all , it gives me the chance to learn some of their department which is to my benfit.
and my supervisor will even help me lessen my work load in our department so i can help others, he is great , but when it gets to the point that i can't even see the top of my desk he puts his foot down and tell them thats it. enough.....she is not you work horse....i am lucky to have him, but you have to pick your battels very carefully with this new manager or else.....they claim to have the "open door" also, but you better not cross this person . i love my job....and things will work them selfs out

Driving my way to the top, in a big yellow bus...and proud of it.

Edited by - macondriver on 12/14/2003 3:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2003 :  08:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's great you spoke with your supervisor and you get along well. Yes, I know saying you have a open door policy and truly having the positive environment for one can be conflicting. Venting in a proper approach can be constructive.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Chock Wheels For Life
Proud American For Life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000