Routing Software
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sanssleep

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2003 :  1:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with Routing Software. I have been contacted by a number of companies and would like the opinions of those who have actually used some of these programs on a daily basis??

BPS_Driver
Advanced Member

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  11:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Send BPS_Driver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just recently signed with a vendor for routing software and had great experience from them/.

We are currently an Edulog customer. We have the DOS based routing program and when deciding to upgrade, we were told that our upgrade would be free.

Upon investigating, many hidden charges began to show up so I wrent out for bid.

Much advice was given to allow Edulog to bid also with many additional vendors.

I selected 5 and narrowed it down to 2. Edulog and VersaTrans were my final choices.

I required each to come out and show us exactly whsat we would be gettign, how it operates and every additional option available to the market.

After looking into converted clients form Edulog to Versa Trans, Versa Trans to Edulog, ease of product use, web site accesibility and of course price there was one choice.

We decided to go with VersaTrans for our corporation because of the many benefits, ease of use and product support.

We are a growing district that will grow by leaps and bounds and I wanted to make sure whatever we choose was easy to use and worked with the districts servers and database downloads.

Whatever way you choose to go defintely do a lot of research and investigating.

What may be good for us may not be good for you.

23 Million safe deliveries a day by all of us
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2003 :  09:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what your enrollment is but we have only 935 children. I talked to Edulog at a trade show once and they would not even talk money, found out later that it was around 18,000$ Versatrans is around 20,000$ The program I have was 7300$ Found out later that I could have purchased the same type of program for 1500$ from a company in Kansas City! Not sure what the name was, cannot remember. The program I have has taken lot of time to get set up the way I want it and I have a long way to go yet. Remember, Garbage in Garbage out! Like BPS says do a LOT of research and investagating! Make sure you get the tech support with it also!

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

lizfiera

1 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  4:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there! I just happened to run into this website in the search for a routing bus/van software. So I thought, after reading some of the topics, maybe someone here can help me and my agency..

We are a childcare services agency statewide. We contract family/home daycare providers (babysitters). We pick up the children from their homes and take them to the provider or to the school depending on the age, some are infants. We pick them up from school too sometimes, depending on the need. We are actively looking for a routing software to help us prepare the route sheets for the drivers. We are doing them manually, but we would like to use a software to guide us. Are there any suggestions???? Help??

I've seen a few demos, but not too satisfied. We just started the transportation business, in the past we used to contract an outside bus company but encountered many problems. So my agency bought the buses and the vans and got the drivers but we are having a million problems. If you have any free advice, I will surely appreciate it! Thank you in advance! Liz

liz
Go to Top of Page

A Bus Driver

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  6:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Transfinder. It's okay once you get the hang of it. I'm not sure it much of a timesaver
Go to Top of Page

Rabid_Loser

90 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  10:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
versa-trans seems to work well

Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2003 :  06:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would go with Versa Trans too!

Your Child's Safety is Our Business
Go to Top of Page

Holly

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2003 :  12:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find VersaTrans a very effective and user friendly routing tool. It just keeps getting better.
Go to Top of Page

Carpenter
Advanced Member

238 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2003 :  06:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Carpenter an AOL message  Send Carpenter an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
We just went from the old-fashioned way to TransFinder. It seems to be alright...certainly a time-saver over what we were doing!

UNLAWFUL TO PASS WHEN RED LIGHTS FLASH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000