2016 IC CE300 Lost body power
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  12:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Researching for a Monday project.... Took a spare to route driver as bus she was driving suddenly lost all accessory functions.... no heaters or defrost fans, no radio(s), basically lost all body electrical.... Chassis side still works fine....Oh and entrance door opened and would not close with dash control.... flipped Emergency switch and rubber strapped door, so I could drive it back to shop empty.... I am thinking I will find a wire or connector for body separated or pulled apart... Do the newer IC's still have all the body builder connections under left dash panel? anyone else run in to this before? common problem area? any input would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2018 :  2:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any 2016's but I'd look at the body soleniod in the side electrical box if they're still using a pair of those. They are black coated. Usually a whack with a small hammer will jar it loose indicating the core is hanging up.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2018 :  03:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
noise suppression switch alot of drivers have no clue what its for but it shuts the power off to the body solenoid located in outside left panel, there is two side by side , or like Mechan1c said the solenoid itself could be bad

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2018 :  06:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
IC did away with those black rubber coated solenoids in 2013? I think.... they have 4-five post square relays for Noise suppression/kill.... there are 3-of them for Master disconnect 2- for accessory power and 1- for ignition side power.....

First thing I asked driver on radio, was if the noise kill switch got flipped accidently... she said "absolutely not" ... I get there with spare and found bus had lost ALL body side power from dome lights to heaters to both radios and camera system....

Everything on chassis side seemed fine ..bus started, lights turned on and worked, shifted into gear and drove back to shop no problem

I have a feeling it's got a connector or wire that pulled apart... on our smooth roads up here,, still could be one of the NS or MD relays stuck or froze up, but wasn't that cold on friday...will see what Monday brings as it has been in shop all weekend... Thanks
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  03:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well bus miraculously cured itself over weekend setting in shop... Must have been a frozen relay, now the decision of which one of the 6 or 8 it was.....
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  12:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slippert

Well bus miraculously cured itself over weekend setting in shop... Must have been a frozen relay, now the decision of which one of the 6 or 8 it was.....

I had one do the exact same thing happen many moons ago. I set relay on my shop heater, dryed it out then sprayed a coat of undercoating on it and reinstalled it. That relay is still on the bus and functioning fine.

I think I had a thread started about this issue. A rubber flap over the electrics inside the panel would likely stop all these issues........Grrr
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000