Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C2 light test switch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2018 :  05:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2013 Thomas C2,that seamed to go into test light mode when ever it felt like it. I removed the switch and everything was good. So I replaced the switch and it made it worse. turn the key on and it goes into test mode. And will not let me cancel it. anyone have any ideas of what I should look at.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  05:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Possibly wrong switch, wire rubbed through and barely touching, or corrosion at end connection. Try reinstalling old switch and see if you can cancel. Do you have the Freightliner software?
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  06:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Tigger on the switch. The part number is on the side of the switch. TBB is notorious for having more than one switch that physically looks the same as another but is wired different internally.
Go to Top of Page

dnash

8 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  08:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit dnash's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tigger, I checked and both the old switch and the new one have the same part number on them. I will check on the wire rub. Again, thank you.
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2018 :  04:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Check all of the terminals on the connector for being pushed out of the connector body, I have found this to be a regular problem when reconnecting switches.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000