Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  05:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Representative Dumbas (no that is not his real name) has introduced a bill requiring ALL buses to have belts effective 7/1/19. Not BUILT after 7/1/19. Yes, we would have to retrofit.

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-lawmaker-wants-seat-belts-all-school-buses-2019

Watch the video and listen to this piece of crap politician talk down to us and tell us to "stop whining". Well there Mr. Dumbas, as soon as you provide us with the funding that's been taken and taken and taken, we will be happy to stop whining about your cute little idea.

I predict failure of this legislation due to the forced retrofit. Or amendment to add the word "manufactured on or after" to the effective date.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  05:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-summary?id=GA132-HB-680 If anyone wants to read or follow the actual legislation.
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  08:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow retro fitting one bus 7-10k , guys sorry think I'm going into the seatbelt business .
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  09:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully my comments didn't/don't offend anyone (except for Mr. Dumbas, I don't care if he is offended). I'm so sick of these people who don't even know what color a bus is thinking they have some sort of answer for us.

I'm pricing the replacement seat back assemblies for the IC buses now, just for curiousity's sake.

I don't know exactly how many seats there are in this state, but I doubt there will be enough parts availability to meet a one year deadline. Just try getting seat foam and covers right now, for example.

Of course Mr. Dumbas wouldn't know about that. "Just use the magic wand, peasants!"
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  11:24:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone in the Ohio legislature seems to introduce a bill like this every single year. Normally, it quietly slides off the radar but with the recent high profile crashes, this is getting more press. Despite more attention, this bill may likely disappear somewhere in the process, too. The variable in this case is the change in leadership in the Ohio Pupil Transportation office. We may not have as strong of a voice as we once had.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000