Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Water in fuel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  06:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm working on a Thomas 2014 rear engine large bus. But I do run in to this this problem on most of my buses BB Or Thomas What is the best way you guys found to check the fuel tank vent. I think it ***** air to displace the fuel. The filter heater works. I don't know how I have lived this long and haven't seen this mush water in the fuel problems, It makes me question my self way to much.

PS to you guys That say A Bad vent cant put that much water in the tank.I have a 2017 Blue bird front engine that the vent tube was zipped tied on from the factory to tight Compressed air would go tought it so I thought o well its ok. Joke was on me the zip tie did not let air in the tank so after a few weeks trying this are that . The water hit the injector and thats not under warranty.

kummins

41 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  07:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit kummins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
first, check & double check your fuel supply (where do you get diesel from?)(stick your bulk tanks if you have them, it's probably full of water...

second, the wif (water in fuel sensor) should have lit the warning light on the dash long before any water could have "made it to an injector"

third, i ALWAYS recommend that fuel tanks get 'topped' off at the end of every day, reason: condensation build up... all diesels circulate fuel from tank to engine & back to tank, continuously, therefore 'hot' fuel is in the tank, then when parked over night condensation forms as the fuel cools down. to prevent this, just fill the tank. the smaller the air space above the fuel, the less chance of condensation, this also prevents rust forming on the top inside of the tank.

this is more prone to happen in cooler climates, especially during the winter.

lastly, with that much water in fuel issues, i'd suspect your supply is contaminated. check your bulk tanks or change to a different local gas/fuel station.
Go to Top of Page

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  12:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We fuel from 4 station around town. I wish we could get people fuel everyday.at this point I'm lucky if I don't have to fuel there bus. Don't know what happen to people I think they are losing there mind.I call the main station and you already know what they say not me. So I have to look at the bus as closely as I can
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  12:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In your situation I am thinking its possible that at least one of those 4 stations is pumping "problem fuel". Unless you already do, I would try to narrow down the source by "assigning" the bus to which station to fuel.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Jon the Mekanik

46 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  05:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jon the Mekanik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got fed up and had a fuel truck come fuel the bus 2 times a week. Its a lot cheaper, .21 a gal I use about 12000 a week
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000