School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Breaking News
 Enter Forum: Breaking News
 Last day of school tradition in your area?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2017 :  07:38:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I feel really bad for the child, but ...........

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/jury-orders-school-bus-company-pay-7m-for-failing-to-keep-child-safe-1.3726243

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2017 :  07:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow that is....wow.

Ok maybe as recently as the late 90s we probably could have gotten away with something like (not the moving bus part, but the back door part) that but I should think by 2011 people would know better.

Wonder if the bus was usually stopped during this traditional stunt?

Just for those reading, that's just short of 5.5 million in US dollars today.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2017 :  10:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
whoa! That is a good lesson for sure! I'll likely show my drivers this video. Thanks for posting!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

busrench

31 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  04:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit busrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A last day of school tradition on 1 bus route at this school is running the route backwards. I gave the students the option of dropping them off at the normal time, but most kids opted for the backwards deal. It's kinda neat because the kids who normally get dropped off first get to see where the other kids live. I drove by one student's house and soon got a radio call wondering why that student wasn't dropped off and had to explain about said tradition! And no. Nobody jumps out the back door.
Go to Top of Page

Sherm
Top Member

USA
621 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2018 :  12:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had paper fights or water gun fights when we were kids. The water soaked the control panel; not good. The paper flew out the windows, littering the neighborhood. Not good either.
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2018 :  05:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A few years back, had a driver come in after his run, last day of school, asking for some garbage bags. I went and got him a large one. He said that aint enough! He said I need about 5 LOL. I knew their had to be a story.
They left the high school, a hot summers day, all the windows open and the students started throwing paper, he pull the bus to the side of the road, said you want to throw paper, put the windows up, nothing leaves the bus. Well they put the windows up and the paper started flying. Sure enough, an hour later he had 5 large bags full.
Now that sound like fun, until someone gets a paper cut ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000