C2 Electric Gremlin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok figure this out. 2012 C2. Stop signs will not come out and the reverse alarm will not beep unless the fan above the drivers head is turned on low. This fan will not operate on high.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  11:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is going to sounds like a really stupid question but is the fan turning the correct way or backwards?

I've heard tale of ground issues on these there were figured out when it was noted that the fans only ran backwards. Somehow or another other things were taking ground via the fan.
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2017 :  2:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just looked at a few diagrams for you, and it looks like the stop arm relay, low speed fan relay and the backup beeper all have terminals connected in the C5 plug on the chassis hub module under the bus. I wonder if you've got some corrosion going on down there or a wire rubbing?

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2017 :  08:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, we unplugged all the plugs and checked on the chassis hub and also tried a different chassis hub and have the same problem. The fan blows the correctf direction when it’s in. Gonna look for rubbed wires now.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000