New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  08:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2016 BB Vision which will blow the fuse for the right side 8-way warning lights.

I've had the bus basically disassembled trying to find a problem with no luck.

Bus has a Doran monitor.

Anyone had this issue?

Thanks

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2017 :  11:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Common pinch points in the harness are where it comes around the A pillar, the seat belt and the last pillar on the left. Or do what I did when I had one blowing the brake light fuse, ran a new wire. I never found the short.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  05:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
look between in the right side take the right front overheads out and take the compartment cover over the entrance door to gain access we have had a couple that were pulled to tight in this area and they rubbed thru we opened up the hole under the overhead with a nibbler do we can see in there the gasket for the light will still seal it up

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  07:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Invest in a Cal-Van 69 or SG Tool Aid 25300 short detector. Best electrical tool that I own for shorts. It works great in most cases on buses because of the length of the wiring.https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-25300-Circuit-Detector/dp/B000RFOP1I
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2017 :  10:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree bus tech 1 , never used one really until I started working on busses they work fantastic imo for dead shorts . I also have a powerprobe one as well, but where that one differs I don't use the tracer I just use the box hooked to the wire the box emits a high pitched tone when theres a dead short and comes in handy where the harness is accessable move the wires until the tone stops and you found the short.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2017 :  05:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very intermittent problem. Of course it felt like acting up at state inspection time!
If there was a dead short this would be easy lol.
I use my Fluke 88 to help with wiring issues but no luck here.
I'll double check the areas mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2017 :  05:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jeeptjken has the right idea. Check behind the 8ways on the left side also. We have many 2015's where the wiring harness coming around the pillar is pulled so tight that it rubs through and causes all kinds of problems.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000