04 DT 466 intake heater
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a DT466 that we got back from the dealer . They had to do some work on the engine we installed . There were wiring issues . When we got it back the wait to start light would come on for 5 or 6 seconds and go off . A couple days later went to start the bus the wait to start light wouldn't come on . Took the gauges and checked the light . It worked when I apply power to it . This morning I decided to dig a little more . I used my power probe and put it on the positive cable of the intake heater . Turned key on and it started showing power then when it got to 1.5 volts it quit and shut power down . During this the probe was flashing as if bad power . I would take it back to the dealer but it's 100 miles from us and takes half a day . Where would I find a relay or a fuse for this ? Where should I find where it is powered at ? Thanks

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The large power feed to grid heater relays comes off positive starter post......Relay signal wires should be plugged into engine/ecm wiring ....Don't remember there being a fuse on main power wire unless there is a strip or fuseable link inline...
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I forgot to mention this is a FE 300 Just a few minutes ago I ran the service maxx heater check and got it to send 10.5 volts to the heater . Still no light .

Edited by - valleybusman on 05/30/2017 10:53:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeeptjken

147 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2017 :  11:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
follow the wires back from the grid heater you will find both relays check the harness where it attaches to the relays I find they rotted off there all the time you can buy a replacement harness from ic

How did you get the gosinta in the whatchamacallit
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2017 :  9:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where is the dealer located at? city?. The ECM sends the power to the controlling side of the relays for the grid heaters and the main power for the grid heaters comes off the starter. We have found poor connections on the circuit board for the Wait to start light. This could be why the light does not come on. Check for power at the grid heaters when you turn on the key and see what voltage you get?

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2017 :  10:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Dealer is in portland ore. and it is a 98 mile trip . I will check that out 57 nut
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000