New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  3:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We thought you might be interested in this story about the Blue Bird Vision Gasoline school bus getting full certification from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB). http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/721711/blue-bird-vision-gasoline-school-bus-certified-by-epa-carb

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  04:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was not impressed with the V10 at all. BB dropped off a loaner to us to try out, It's just like driving a giant car. Honestly it didn't fell like it would pull a load of kids, we couldn't use it on route due to insurance liability. I would like to have used it on route and get some feedback from a driver to get a real review but oh well. Like I said I drove it empty and didn't feel it had the top end torque to pull a load, just my opinion. I guess I'm so used to the diesel power and torque. But I'm sure it's cheaper on parts and less of a pain not having to deal with DPF etc...
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  06:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't this kind of a "duh"? Doesn't Ford already sell gasoline powered trucks? And in California too?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 03/31/2017 06:14:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  06:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah but Blue Bird hadn't yet paid the fees for the certificate that says "The engines you used are super! Thank you for your payment! Sincerely, your friends at the EPA"
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeHEB1

I was not impressed with the V10 at all. BB dropped off a loaner to us to try out, It's just like driving a giant car. Honestly it didn't fell like it would pull a load of kids, we couldn't use it on route due to insurance liability. I would like to have used it on route and get some feedback from a driver to get a real review but oh well. Like I said I drove it empty and didn't feel it had the top end torque to pull a load, just my opinion. I guess I'm so used to the diesel power and torque. But I'm sure it's cheaper on parts and less of a pain not having to deal with DPF etc...

Humm, interesting. I can't imagine that they'd be any different than a propane bus. My drivers love ours. We intend on replacing the entire fleet with propane. Wonder if they had some issue that wasn't addressed?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  08:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

quote:
Originally posted by JoeHEB1

Humm, interesting. I can't imagine that they'd be any different than a propane bus. My drivers love ours. We intend on replacing the entire fleet with propane. Wonder if they had some issue that wasn't addressed?

Yeah cuz I've heard good things about the propane version, which is why I wish we could've used it on route with a load of kids. I really wanted to try the V10 but I wasn't convinced, not yet at least.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000