Enter Forum: General Interest
 Original 2003-2004 Blue Bird Vision Brochure - PDF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

96AmTranRE

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit 96AmTranRE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, a few years ago online I stumbled upon the original PDF copy of the Blue Bird Vision brochure. I made the mistake of wiping the device I had it saved on without saving it to my computer before wiping it. I have no idea where I found it, and still haven't been able to find it for quite a few years now. Anyone have an idea of where the PDF is online? If so, please a link to it here.

I've tried using the Wayback Machine (http://web.archive.org) on Blue Bird's website, going back to 2003-2005 and the main page is unusable to navigate to anything. For those of you with the know-how, how would I be able to get around this so I could browse the site as if I were looking at it in realtime back in 2004?

Update: I found it! I was able to get the Wayback Machine to display the main page to where I could navigate to the link. Turns out, I had to use Google Chrome to get it to work (I had been using Firefox, which didn't help).

For those who are interested, here is the link to the PDF brochure I found: https://web.archive.org/web/20030915182212/http://www.blue-bird.com/brochures/vision.pdf

Note: You might need to copy/paste the entire link (make sure to select both the Wayback link and the archived Blue Bird link) into a new tab or window in your web browser. For those interested in using the Wayback Machine, my experience has been that the Google Chrome browser works best for viewing archived Flash enabled web content.

By the way, the Wayback Machine can open up other possibilities of being able to look up PDF brochures and other literature from other websites (pretty much any website) back until (I think) 1996, which could prove to be really helpful in trying to track down previously available PDF documents that went offline. It's really nice being able to use stuff like this! I learned that AmTran never actually had a website while they were in business, turns out they launched the ic-corp.com website back in 2002, and that was International's first bus-specific site. I thought this was pretty interesting.

Edited by - 96AmTranRE on 03/28/2017 6:24:38 PM

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2017 :  2:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you found that! I still can't get over that fact that this brochure was from 14 years ago...
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2017 :  6:18:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, cool find! Talk about a blast from the past...

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000