Changing air dryer on RE 300
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somebody has got to have a trick to changing one out ? I have a 2005 RE 300 with pass thru cargo bays . We are having problems with building air past 30lbs . So I checked governor and so I went to the air dryer to see if it recieving any air . I can't get to it . The cargo bay is built around it . I open doors and look and there is a box covering air dryer . I think this is going to be so easy . Remove cover and there is no room to unhook the air dryer . In fact lttle room to even remove it . So unless someone can tell me an easier way I may have to do some sheet metal work .I don't want too because ther is like 15 1/4 rivets holding the panels on . Thanks

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it inside or outside? On my 2005 RE300 the dryer is outside behind the understorage. still tight but it falls backwards twords the diff.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2017 :  11:46:35 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It is outside but I can only use a floor jack to pick bus up .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000