Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Engine codes on C2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jasoncrain81

13 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  03:18:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jasoncrain81's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2015 Thomas C2 with a couple of engine codes.

The 1st is ID:84 FMI:9 and says "road speed update rate abnormal"

The 2nd is ID:191 FMI: 9 and says "Transmission output shaft speed update rate abnormal"

The 3rd one is ID:3361 FMI: 4 and says "Catalyst Dosing unit below normal; shorted low"

I filled the Def the day before the codes came up. I'm guessing with atleast the 1st 2 codes that they are related and something has gone bad or came unplugged.

any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  3:11:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of those three codes, I would focus on the third one first because if it’s active the DEF after treatment system is disabled.
I’d check for cracked fuses in the PDM’s under the hood and the grounds as well. Does this bus have the DCU mounted under the bus on the backside of the doser unit? If so has the original wire harness been replaced with the updated one with the silver wire covering? If not I’d pull the wiring out from the harness and check for a broken, corroded or zebra striped wire. Another spot to check is the power supply wire. It comes down as one thick gauge wire on one side of the heat shrink tubing then comes out the other side as four smaller wires. The wire may look fine but you can tug on the smaller wires and pull them right out of the boot.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

Jasoncrain81

13 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  6:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jasoncrain81's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not sure if it was weather related or what but all the codes went away and the check engine light with out! hopefully it stays that way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000