New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok guys i need an opinion i have this 08 dt466 with the common so i am told lifter keeper breaking and the lifter turns destroyin the cam etc etc. The repair so i am told is to double up the keepers so i had my first one break to weeks ago i have a friend who fabricates anything metal or steel i sent him a keeper and he measure the steel for strength heat treat all kinds of stuff he rambled on i have no idea what he was sayin anyway i had him make me a set that was one and ahalf times thicker and he made them with a little denser matterial so they shouldnt snap they came out great they are identical to the factory ones just thicker my question is will there be a problem using them or should i use the double up idea

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  1:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If its not as thick as they are doubled up, it should work just fine.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  04:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

ok guys i need an opinion i have this 08 dt466 with the common so i am told lifter keeper breaking and the lifter turns destroyin the cam etc etc. The repair so i am told is to double up the keepers so i had my first one break to weeks ago i have a friend who fabricates anything metal or steel i sent him a keeper and he measure the steel for strength heat treat all kinds of stuff he rambled on i have no idea what he was sayin anyway i had him make me a set that was one and ahalf times thicker and he made them with a little denser matterial so they shouldnt snap they came out great they are identical to the factory ones just thicker my question is will there be a problem using them or should i use the double up idea

signes de ponctuation
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2016 :  05:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

quote:
Originally posted by dsalinas1939

signes de ponctuation

LMAO!!! Too early in the morning for this...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000