Which cooler or how to test DT 466
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 08Ic bus with the DT 466 . I didn't realize there was a cold one and a hot EGR cooler . How would I find out which one I need . I see antifreeze in thecharge cooler to the lines from the turbo to the air charge cooler . So I am thinking hot . I have also seen antifreeze from the air charge cooler to the intake .

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  04:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC sells an expensive egr cooler test kit, however you can remove the exhaust tubes and pressurize the the cooling system and look for the leak in the cooler.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
808 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  09:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks I will try that !!!
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  3:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just went through this nightmare of a problem. Hot side was bad. We replaced the hot side cooler, EGR valve, and turbo because the VGT was so gummed up with coolant and soot. Had to have the DPF and DOC baked and cleaned. Not fun.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2016 :  03:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No it's not fun and after replacing a for being plugged up on an 08 FE200 last week, I am in no hurry to do one again. Hose clamp orientation if very very important.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000