Transmission won't work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2016 :  09:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a VT 365 this morning that wouldn't go . Start up and feel like it wants to go . Then the odometer screen says electrical fault and light on transmision gauge will flash , Used Service maxx and it says 2232 and engine fault The transmission is Allison not sure what model . Shifter is a handle with no modes .

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2016 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had a couple with the Maxxforce DT do the same thing. One of them ended up with a new TCM, and one of them I believe had a relay not clicking to send power. The relays are attached to the wiring harness on the driver side towards the rear of the engine. Hope this helps some.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2016 :  12:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had on early fall that did the pretty much the same thing and it ended up being the TCM.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
815 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2016 :  2:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to find the relay that controls the TCM ? Also any ideas about what we need to do our own diagnostics ?
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2016 :  3:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allison DOC on your laptop.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000