Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 ce 300 help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Busesintheshop

3 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2015 :  09:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Busesintheshop's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have a 2009 ic ce 300 bus that will intermittently lose radio and the lights on the cluster, however they will work on the outside of the bus. After a little while it will correct it self and work fine for days. any ideas or is it all run through the multiplex wiring??

Edited by - Busesintheshop on 10/06/2015 09:24:11 AM

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
had one doing similar. found battery cable just outside of the battery box chaffed had to remove loom to find it. also if it happens when you key up the mic then check that your antennas are too close together, as ridiculous as that may sound it happened to me
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  05:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the complaints I hear about dash lights not working on IC CE buses can be traced to either the driver is just turning on headlights by turning on the wipers or the dash dimmer switch needs adjusted.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2015 :  11:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had a CE once that the lights on switches for dash on left side of driver seat would go off and on. ended up finding one of those (for lack of a better term Scotch lock style 8 -10 wire connectors IC uses for teminating multiple wires) with a loose wire causing it to heat up and melt away.. causing switch lights and ID lights for switches not to work....Never affected AM/FM radio or for that matter 2-way as it is installed and hooked up to other power sources

What radio are you talking about? 2-way or AM/FM? Which cluster or part of cluster are you talking about left, right or center.... or all of them?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2015 :  06:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i had and older one a 2006 do that and found corrotion where the fuse block plate blots to fuse bloce and there the plate bolts the acces solenoid in side panel had to do that i took and cleaned all points om solenoid and fuse block and it fixed the problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000