05 bb vison engine com failure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2015 :  07:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok this bus is driving us nuts. The gauges sweep and sometimes it looses throttle. We can drive it for days and get nothing to act up but give it to a driver and maybe goes 30 mins before acting up. It has a new ecm cat said they have had issues with them in the past so we tried that got about a day out driving it then acted up. Triple checked all the connectors on ecm dash and pdu redid all the grounds and hot leads the pass through hots and grounds wiggle tested everything we can find anyone have a direction for me id appreciate it. Its got a c7 in it if that helps. Thanks

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2015 :  10:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem is in the J1939 harness. There is a certain diagnostic procedure for checking this, you should be able to call your Blue Bird dealer and they can get you the info. I have been through this on 3 or 4 of our buses and have ended up replacing the entire J1939 harness. It really isn't all that hard to do. The diagnostics always come out fine, but the problem persists. This is the only way we have found to take care of this problem. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2015 :  10:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI, the symptom you describe is actually called wagging, not sweeping. Sweeping is when they go from 0 to 50 to 100%, wagging is when they continually go from side to side without stopping. This happens along with the Engine Com Failure message that you get. Do a Google search on it and you can probably come up with some things on it. If you give me an email address, I can scan and email you some stuff that I have on this.
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2015 :  05:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info aaron I just went ahead and ordered the harness no time to go into anymore troubleshooting got enough stuff on my plate.
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2015 :  09:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any update??
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2015 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
still waiting for the harness to come in
Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  12:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got the harness in test drove hr and a half 60 miles no glitch gonna give it to the driver tomorrow and let her test it
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2015 :  4:20:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool. Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000