New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  04:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have this 2014 c2 it has two trans codes 717 turbine speed sensor and 722 output speed sensor low i have allison doc so i watched the senors and they read fine while driving so i cleared codes but check engine light is still on the codes there are spn191 output shaft speed spn 84 wheel based viehcile speed and spn 639 multiplex configuration error it seems the codes are the same as the codes i get on the allison program but when i clear them they com right back and light wont go out any ideas

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  06:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had one do that and when I inspected the wiring from TCU to transmission found a sharp kink in the loom and several wires including a twisted pair damaged. repaired the wires and all was well. Road debris as near as I can tell.
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  07:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isnt that trans still under warranty?

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  12:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got codes cleared and drove for i while and no lights the speed sensors where reading right put on local route and driver just called and check trans light is on no waiting for him to return it is under warrenty but it takes so long to get work done and if its intermitten like it seems to be they wont do anything til its broke so i usually try and figure it out if i cant then i let them do it
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  12:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bus just got back to shop and it has a no turbine speed signal but it shows a signal when u watch data its rainin out an no room in shop will check wiring tomarrow which one is the turbine speed sensor anyone now???? i see the output speed i see another sensor towards front of trans is that the imput or turbine speed????
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  03:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Depending on the model most likely inside the oil pan. It will be a PTS2500 or a 3000 series depending on engine torque.
The last three codes are computer speed error codes. When first keyed up let dash do it's thing until the check engine light without letters goes out and then start unit. Also you may want to try getting your Cummins rep to move the J1939 parking brake signal input form bulkhead 33 to ICU dash module 26 will help some unit but sadly not all.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  04:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its 2000 series trans i took bus out on test this morning what i noticeced was the speddometer also stops working whichis wierd cause i believe that control by output speed sensor but i see the sensors on the trans one in front by torque convertor which i would think is the torque speed sensoe one in middle which i would think is the input speed and one on tail which i think is out put speed am i correct on that hthought
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000