New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  08:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Input on how you guys are servicing your DOC and DPF?

I'll use my bus #3 as an example.
AB204736 2009 CE
46177 miles
3736 hours
Ash 46.5%
Soot 3%..... this number has never changed.

When I run an onboard filter cleanliness test, it always aborts and never sets a code.

When I run Air Management Test I get a code 3346-1209 unable to build EBP. The EBP varies from 10 kPa to 180 kPa during the test.

This series of bus have never run these tests successfully.

My question is do you guys remove and service the DOC and DPF as a matter of preventative maintenance? At what interval?
Who do you use to clean the DPF?

I have not has these off the bus. They have never been serviced.

Scott

Edited by - second.flood on 05/15/2014 08:23:45 AM

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  11:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I send both out to be cooked, we're in the process of buying our own oven and cleaner. I have the same issue with the air mgt test not completing, i thought it was just me having this problem. It costs 250.00 each to cook and clean.

Edit: We cook them as needed no certain interval.

Edited by - JoeHEB1 on 05/15/2014 11:41:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  1:07:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember back in the day catalytic converters would occasionally melt down and the insides would fall apart.
Some would knock out the innards and reinstall, never to have converter issues again.

I wonder what issues a bus would have if it was running a DPF or DOC shell?

Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  1:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just guessing but it would probaly have EBP problems since the exhaust would be flowing more freely.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  1:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

I remember back in the day catalytic converters would occasionally melt down and the insides would fall apart.
Some would knock out the innards and reinstall, never to have converter issues again.

Might need a programmer to shut off the regens, Ford pickup owners quickly learned that back pressure alone was not the sole triggering factor to start a regen. Without a programmer their trucks would soon enter "regen hell", because without a functioning DOC and DPF, the exhaust temp sensor would never get hot enough to shut off the regen process.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2014 :  4:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

we service them as needed but haven't had the need to so far on our DTs. majority of our DTs have 30k or so. this is a little off topic but some of our 2011 TBB docs precious metals are deteriorating and causing repeated regens. our cummins tech said that when the doc breaks down the heat needed to clean the dpf isn't achieved causing a lot of our plugged dpfs.

Edited by - Winn10 on 05/15/2014 4:37:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000