New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  08:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone makes it through the cold weather safely.

Scott

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  2:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
uggg not looking forward to it and wont be as bad here as a lot of places

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  10:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just hope all the buses start after sitting for 2 weeks, especially the ones with lifts.

539 - Repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  04:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-19 F here now. We had school on Jan 2nd and 3rd so no worries about a 2 week lay over here but we called it off for today and will see about tomorrow.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Lisa P

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  05:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa P's Homepage  Reply with Quote
50 degrees here in upstate New York today... for one day before we get right back to single-digits and negative wind chills. Definitely a welcome reprieve. Stay warm, all!
Go to Top of Page

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  08:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had -29.6 on the thermometer this morning in Minnesota. Our governor called off school for the entire state. Forecasted high for today is -16 in our area, colder up north. Tomorrow looks much better though. Lows tonight around -20 and a balmy high of -2.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  09:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started all our buses Friday and let them run a while, we had 1 that we are having issues with so i pulled it inside the heated shop. It was 13 here this morning and had four that wouldnt start!
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  1:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were closed Thursday and Friday because of snow. I went in and started and moved all the buses and plowed snow.
Today the roads in our county are closed for all but essential vehicles.
Tonight -15 expected.
We should be back by Wed.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  4:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was 49 when i got to work this morning, everything started, was 30 when i clocked out, we will see how many of these diesel junkers gell up tomorrow. I put extra additive in. - I live in NY.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2014 :  6:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Seafoam is a life saver for me. It works wonders for cold fuel

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2014 :  1:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hardy, I have been told not to use Sseafoam in the new diesels. What do you think?

Our low for Sunday night, Monday morning was -11 and Monday night, Tuesday morning -15. We got our snow on Sunday morning early, canceled church and stayed inside. Neighbor moved the snow, in my home driveway, with his cabbed back hoe on Monday morning, sure glad we have good neighbors! No school Monday, Tuesday, & today (Wednesday). Custodian and I started moving snow Sunday but it was a loosing battle with the wind. Went in Monday to work on snow moving equipment but didn't get out on it (no cabs). Started Tuesday, at about 11 am, moving snow. Super came by and said "you guys look cold, why don't you hire someone with a cab to help you". So a contractor came by with his hoe and helped us Tuesday and Wednesday. Snow moved off he lots and walks and we are ready to go to school but after driving the country roads there is no way our buses can get around. So we are off on Thursday now. Good news is it has been in the upper 20s & sun shining while we are out on our cabless snow removal equipment and suppose to get to 50 by Sunday. Such is the life of a bus guy in southern IL!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000