Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 MAX FORCE DT 466 WONT SHUT OFF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HH59

3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  8:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit HH59's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I HAVE A 4/07 INT MAX FORCE DT 466 WHEN YOU TURN KEY OFF THE ENGINE STILL RUNS. NO CODES TALKED TO INT DEALER THEY ADVISED THE ONES THEY HAVE SEEN THE COMPUTER SHORTED & BLOWN 5 AMP FUSE. REPLACE COMPUTER & INSTALLED NEW FUSE, BUS STILL RUNS WHEN TURN KEU OFF. REPLACED ECM RELAY, ING SWITCH. HAD SERVICE MRG. FROM INT DEALER AT SHOP TOO LOOK AT IT FOUND pin 87 at relay coming from ecm to have 2- 3 volts AND STEADY DROP. YOU CAN PULL IDM FUSE IN BATTERY BOX OR DISCONNECT RELAY TO STOP ENG FROM RUNNING.MY SELF & DEALER PUZZLED

TODAY TRIED THIS AFTER TURN BUS OFF IT STILL RAN I LET IT RUN AND AFTER 10 MIN.THE RELAY LOST POWER & IT SHUT OFF

Edited by - HH59 on 09/18/2013 11:08:10 AM

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  03:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a thought.....in your outside panel are your body solenoids. Take the small wires off of those and make sure it is not back feeding through one of them. Also, check for relays full of water and back feeding.
Go to Top of Page

HH59

3 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  05:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit HH59's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THANKS FOR INFO THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM

I DESIDED TO SEE HOW LONG THE BUS WOULD RUN AFTER TURNED OF IT RAN FOR 10 MIN. THE ONLY THING I CAN COME UP WITH AL COMPUTERS HAD TO SYNC. TOGETHER AS AFTER IT SHUT OFF ON ITSELF HAVE STARTED APPX 15 TIMES & WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY OFF THE BUS SHUTS DOWN. WITH ALL THE COMPUTERS ON VECH CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  05:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seen this a few times, replace the relays that are zip-ties to the harness near the steering column under hood. one is the Ecm relay and the other is the IDM relay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000