What Can I Say
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  08:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I posted a new subject on here a long time ago called 'Am I Weird?' Some of you might remember that. I had asked you if I was weird because of my love for school buses. I really appreciated the response I got, but now I have one more question. What can I tell my fellow peers, bus drivers, family members, and teachers at school to make them understand me and my wonderful interest in buses. I have tried to tell them that underneath the yellow paint, school buses are really beautiful machines..but they just look at them and just see the yellow. They think they are ugly. So what can I tell them?

Ryan Lane
NewBeetleBugBlue2000@yahoo.com
www.plain.lib.oh.us/PCPLPizzaPirates.htm

MamaLoca
Advanced Member

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  09:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit MamaLoca's Homepage  Send MamaLoca an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good Question Ry.

I don't have a clue other than "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Pay attention and eventually you will find everyone has a passion for something. You may not necessarily feel the same way, but it doesn't diminish their feelings.

Hold your head up and be true to yourself, Ry, School Buses ARE cool. Otherwise we'd all be somewhere else.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
http://www.canandaiguaschools.org/bus/
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I told a fellow peer at my school how much I loved school buses, and it turned out he loved them to!!! You should tell everyone... what's the worst think they'll do, laugh?

Richard Solano... E-mail me: RLS1400@aol.com ... or visit my site: www.schoolbusstop.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  12:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good point Nila.Beaty is in the eye of the beholder.We see a beutiful machine,and most people see an annoyance.One of the nicest things to look at is a nice shiny yellow SB.
Silas J.

97-12 It will outrun your bus.
Unicoi County Schools~Working For Children

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  1:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. A lot of people call me weird or strange and as I was writing that post someone yelled from the front of the class room, "WHAT'S NEW ON SCHOOL BUSES????" I just ignored them. If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hi. I posted a new subject on here a long time ago called 'Am I Weird?' Some of you might remember that. I had asked you if I was weird because of my love for school buses. I really appreciated the response I got, but now I have one more question. What can I tell my fellow peers, bus drivers, family members, and teachers at school to make them understand me and my wonderful interest in buses. I have tried to tell them that underneath the yellow paint, school buses are really beautiful machines..but they just look at them and just see the yellow. They think they are ugly. So what can I tell them?

quote:
Thanks guys. A lot of people call me weird or strange and as I was writing that post someone yelled from the front of the class room, "WHAT'S NEW ON SCHOOL BUSES????" I just ignored them. If you have any other suggestions, please post them here.

You know what? Sometimes "Why?" can be the most annoying question ever asked.

I used to get that all of the time from the people who I went to school with - and I still get it sometimes from people.

And even though people have been asking me that question for many years, I still haven't come up with an answer for them! All I can say is don't worry about what others think. If they can't understand why you like school buses and bother you about it, oh well. You're the only one who has to live with yourself, so you just go ahead and do what makes YOU happy.

I mean, I'm 19 years old, I'm a girl and I've owned five school buses and a fire engine. I drive a school bus as a job (and LOVE it), and I'm planning on becoming a locomotive engineer once I turn 21. I can't deny the fact that I'm not your typical teenager - and I've certainly taken my share of mess from other people about it. But that doesn't bother me because I know that I'm happy. And being happy is all that counts.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  2:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I drive a school bus as a job (and LOVE it), and I'm planning on becoming a locomotive engineer once I turn 21.

Hi Trina,

Once you become a locomotive engineer, does that mean you will stop driving a school bus? Just curious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan,

To me, it doesn't matter what other people think about what I consider to be a hobby. There are people who like planes, cars, boats, etc., etc...and of course we are people who like school buses! There is nothing wrong with that. People would be surprised to know how many others out there like school buses.

I have loved school buses ever since the first day I rode on one (6th grade). Even before then I loved them. I loved them even if I didn't know too much about them. And up until 9th or 10th grade I was going to go into a career that most people would expect me to go into. And it wasn't to be a school bus driver at that time. But, in 9th grade, I really started thinking about the type of career I would be happy in, and being a school bus driver came to mind and it seemed to be something that I would be happy doing. So next year, I will be doing just that regardless of others' opinions about it.

My parents know that I am going to be a school bus driver, and they have no problem with it at all. I will still be going to college for Business Administration, and hope to apply that knowledge to the field of school transportation (i.e. working in the office), or I would also like to be a mechanic's assistant.

Don't let anyone get you down. Once everyone knows that I am a school bus driver when next year hits, and when they see that bus of mine parked in my driveway, I will just have a big smile on my face! Be assured, it will be a career that I will take pride in every single day.

Bob
(B. Busguy33)

"Blue Bird: Always flyin' high above the rest...
Blue Bird: One of America's Best!!! "
Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The best answer I've been able to come up with is at the end of every message I post.

—Phil

"It's the same way some people are obsessed with cars. I'm just weird."
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Once you become a locomotive engineer, does that mean you will stop driving a school bus? Just curious.

No - I could never give up driving the school bus.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  3:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehehe... Gee Buskid, we share interests so much! I also like trains... and many other things.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  3:33:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
No - I could never give up driving the school bus.

That's good to hear!!

Bob
(B. Busguy33)

"Blue Bird: Always flyin' high above the rest...
Blue Bird: One of America's Best!!! "
Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  4:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like trains too.I also rode a SB for the first time in 6th grade.....
Silas J.

Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  6:59:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buskid,

If you really love trains, I reccomend that you purchase Microsoft Train Simulator. It's an awesome game!

Richard Solano... E-mail me: RLS1400@aol.com ... or visit my site: www.schoolbusstop.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  7:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you really love trains, I reccomend that you purchase Microsoft Train Simulator. It's an awesome game!

I have it.

Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, okay!!! LOL, I shouldv'e known you would.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  8:15:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do too! hehehe

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com
Go to Top of Page

INTERNATIONAL_74

94 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2002 :  9:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit INTERNATIONAL_74's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! That game, Microsoft Train Simulator, sounds cool! I knew they had Flight Simulator but I've never heard of the first. I'll have to find that. Cool!

Ryan: When some people look at school buses, they may recognize it as a symbol of something they may dislike a lot: school. But if people really research school buses, they will find they are fantastic machines design and fashion wise.

I've told many people, and some think it's a little odd, because they THINK it's odd. They don't like buses, but they may like cars. It's just your preference. And more than likely, some will be too proud to admit they like school buses because they think it will make them look "uncool".

Personally, I would rather drive a school bus as a vehicle all the time....I wouldn't even own a car! (But let's get real....60+ thousand dollars?)

If you like it, that's all that matters. They aren't you.

Everyone have a good weekend!

State Law: Stop while bus is loading and unloading
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2002 :  07:00:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot! As of yesterday, one of my co-workers came to me because he was looking at buying a bus for his baseball team. He came to me because he wanted help and he knows I have a a lot of knowledge when it comes to buses. I guess that is the first positive thing I have received since I made by obsession public a couple years ago. I will be helping my co-worker shop for a used school bus. By the way, that's what my post above this one is about.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2002 :  09:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, everybody, thanks for your support.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

BusladyofSoCal
Advanced Member

USA
366 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2002 :  10:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusladyofSoCal's Homepage  Send BusladyofSoCal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ryan Lane

Well lets see...tell them they are historically significant. School Buses have been around for over 100 years. They are one of the oldest 'modern' forms of transportation.
Under that Chrome Yellow is a engineered piece of machinery that deserves respect.
OUt of all...PEOPLE TAKE BUSES FOR GRANTED!!
If it werent for buses, there would be more deaths and accidents getting to & from school. Someone has to appreciate them.

Buslady
Long Live Crown Coach Corp! Detroit Diesel rules!
Crown Coach Archive
http://crowncoach.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

BusladyofSoCal
Advanced Member

USA
366 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2002 :  10:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusladyofSoCal's Homepage  Send BusladyofSoCal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

You know what? Sometimes "Why?" can be the most annoying question ever asked.

I used to get that all of the time from the people who I went to school with - and I still get it sometimes from people.

And even though people have been asking me that question for many years, I still haven't come up with an answer for them! All I can say is don't worry about what others think. If they can't understand why you like school buses and bother you about it, oh well. You're the only one who has to live with yourself, so you just go ahead and do what makes YOU happy.

I mean, I'm 19 years old, I'm a girl and I've owned five school buses and a fire engine. I drive a school bus as a job (and LOVE it), and I'm planning on becoming a locomotive engineer once I turn 21. I can't deny the fact that I'm not your typical teenager - and I've certainly taken my share of mess from other people about it. But that doesn't bother me because I know that I'm happy. And being happy is all that counts.

Hey Trina...

WHY?????????

hahah just kidding.

never mind.............

Buslady
Long Live Crown Coach Corp! Detroit Diesel rules!
Crown Coach Archive
http://crowncoach.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2002 :  10:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hey Trina...

WHY?????????

hahah just kidding.

never mind.............

Ohh, you stinker. I'm gonna get you for that. Hehehe.

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2002 :  06:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Again, everybody--thanks for your support. I love you all!

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

KrazeeGoose

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2002 :  3:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan,

Funny story for ya.

This really cool Corvette (if you like them things) went by the gas station the other day with a brand new Freightliner school bus on its tail.

The one guy said "Wow, that's a neat paint job on that 'vette. Did you see that?"

I said "Did you see that Freightliner/Thomas school bus pushing it? That was really cool!!"

So, am I weird or what??!!??

What's yellow, 39 feet long and
flies low to the ground?

My #9 Blue Bird/International

Go to Top of Page

Silas J.
Top Member

USA
938 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2002 :  3:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silas J. an AOL message  Send Silas J. an ICQ Message  Click to see Silas J.'s MSN Messenger address  Send Silas J. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Thomas/Freightliners,I saw one with 4-ways,chrome grill,and a black hood on a Trio special on the hospitality of the people of a town in Newfoundland,Canada.It looked great with the crome grill.
Silas J.

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  07:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ryan,

Funny story for ya.

This really cool Corvette (if you like them things) went by the gas station the other day with a brand new Freightliner school bus on its tail.

The one guy said "Wow, that's a neat paint job on that 'vette. Did you see that?"

I said "Did you see that Freightliner/Thomas school bus pushing it? That was really cool!!"

So, am I weird or what??!!??

flies low to the ground?

That is hilarious...but I don't like Corvettes. I'm just 16 and just bought a '95 Jeep Wrangler yesterday morning as a first vehicle...but my favorite car in the world..is....just look at my screen name, KrazyGoose.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page

KrazeeGoose

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  12:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryan,

I don't like 'vettes either. I'm a Mustang girl. I do like the new beetles because you can get one with a diesel engine.

Hope you get yours someday!!!

--K.

flies low to the ground?

Go to Top of Page

newbeetlebugblue2000
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  06:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit newbeetlebugblue2000's Homepage  Send newbeetlebugblue2000 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ryan,

I don't like 'vettes either. I'm a Mustang girl. I do like the new beetles because you can get one with a diesel engine.

Hope you get yours someday!!!

--K.

flies low to the ground?

Interesting you said that, KrazeeGoose, my dad owns a electric green 1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible. If I get a New Beetle, it will be the 2.0 gas engine. But for right now, I'm stay with my 1995 Jeep Wrangler S Rio Grande I got exactly 1 week ago today (as a first car) I'm just 16 years old. E-mail me sometime.

Ryan Lane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000