School Bus Equipment
 Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 Mirrors and Wipers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brh1977

1 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  08:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit brh1977's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am a parts company for tractors and construction equipment. I was wanting to know from some of you how often you have to buy new mirrors and wipers and what would be a reasonable price you would pay for them?

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  2:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wiper, quite often. Mirrors, not so much. The only trouble I have with mirrors are when the heating element goes out. Wiper refills at NAPA are pretty reasonable, 6 bucks maybe. Mirrors are rather pricey, I usually put the prices on the box when I get them but for some reason I didn't do that for what I have in stock. I'd say $70 or better for one that fits 98 through 2002 BB (or there abouts) and a considerable amount more for the newer style. Bus Boy crossing mirrors are about 60, I think. These are all for the ones with the heating element in them.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  10:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With wipers being checked daily on pre-trips especially when dry leads to higher replacement rates.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Chock Wheels For Life
Proud American For Life
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000