Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dssbdriver12

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2013 :  08:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how to fis headlight on out of town trip

haroldhedd

7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  10:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit haroldhedd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Run on high beam till they get back
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  12:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Call the transportation dept of a school that the bus is near.

We have a mutual agreement with the other school districts in our area. that we will give a hand to other schools.

I usually always forget and send one of the mechanics.

It is a law that a bus driver cannot work on the bus (unless they are also the mechanic).

I would have the driver try to give the light a tap with their tire thumper though.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  1:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this for real? Been trying to keep the spam off here but this one looks to be at least halfway legit. What kind of question is this?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2013 :  5:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is NOT a law that a bus driver cannot change the head light on his own bus. We were told at our last DOT review that if the driver changes his own light or does any kind of small repair, he must sign off that the repair has been completed and the bus is safe to drive on the DVIR, Obviously a bus driver without the correct brake certification adjusting a slack adjuster would not be tolerated, but small repairs are fine, I change head lights on buses all the time and I don't even have a CDL.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Edited by - bluebirdvision on 06/03/2013 5:21:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  11:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirdvision

It is NOT a law that a bus driver cannot change the head light on his own bus. We were told at our last DOT review that if the driver changes his own light or does any kind of small repair, he must sign off that the repair has been completed and the bus is safe to drive on the DVIR, Obviously a bus driver without the correct brake certification adjusting a slack adjuster would not be tolerated, but small repairs are fine, I change head lights on buses all the time and I don't even have a CDL.

In the California title 13.It is against the law in Ca for a regular driver to make a repair unless Unless the driver of a school bus or SPAB is the mechanic charged with the care and maintenance of the bus, the driver shall not make any repairs of the bus or its equipment except necessary emergency repairs on the road. this actually one of the questions on the CHP test
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  11:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All due respect to you, bus a groove, but that's because you live in the land of fuits and nuts. I am right behind you in Illinois though. We don't have such a law in Illinois, that I'm aware of, but I'm sure it's been thought about. Between our states it often times looks like monkey see monkey do. The folks out in God's country, in both states, get kind of tired of the big city antics after a while. Of course we don't have a big enough voting block to do any good anyway.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe." -Thomas Jefferson-

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bus a groove

70 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  12:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

All due respect to you, bus a groove, but that's because you live in the land of fuits and nuts. I am right behind you in Illinois though. We don't have such a law in Illinois, that I'm aware of, but I'm sure it's been thought about. Between our states it often times looks like monkey see monkey do. The folks out in God's country, in both states, get kind of tired of the big city antics after a while. Of course we don't have a big enough voting block to do any good anyway.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe." -Thomas Jefferson-

I couldn't agree with you more. Every stupid law passed makes me want to get out here more and more. Don't even get me started on guns and emissions
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  3:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus a groove

quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I couldn't agree with you more. Every stupid law passed makes me want to get out here more and more. Don't even get me started on guns and emissions

Me too, me... too.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  6:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have agreements with all the schools that are on or near our bus routes in case of weather emergencies to shelter us but never gave a thought to mechanical assistance.

quote:

We have a mutual agreement with the other school districts in our area. that we will give a hand to other schools.

It is a law that a bus driver cannot work on the bus (unless they are also the mechanic).

I would have the driver try to give the light a tap with their tire thumper though.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 05ICCE

I have agreements with all the schools that are on or near our bus routes in case of weather emergencies to shelter us but never gave a thought to mechanical assistance.

quote:

Never thought about having an agreement with the schools along the trip route. That's a good idea, I'm going to keep that in mind.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  1:08:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Though we have never needed to stop, the reason for us is we are a private school and bus to and through 9 counties.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000