Posted - 05/07/2013 : 09:23:38 AM
| Hello. I am new to the School Bus Fleet web site and am conducting some research for a new client. I have been asked to get an understanding of the different salary levels of bus drivers and some specifics on compensation and how this all works.
I have read through some past posts and some are quite helpful but are also fairly old and I want to make sure I give my client the most up to date information.
My client is located in a major metro area in the Southeast and is considering starting a private fleet of buses that would service only private schools in a metro area.
They want to understand:
- Hourly wage (how does this work in annual terms?),
- do you only get paid for hours worked -- what about hours in between morning and afternoon shift?
- do you work only during the school year / what about the summer and holidays?
- average number of hours worked each day,
- number of days worked per year,
- types of insurance offered (medical, dental, 401k, vision, etc.)
Finally, what do you like BEST about being a bus driver and what do you like LEAST about being a bus driver?
Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.