Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 AM/FM Radio instanity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jameslinx

3 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2013 :  3:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jameslinx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so heres the deal, and i hope someone has some insight into this crazyness im dealing with.

I swapped the amfm stereo Head Unit (HU), I can hook up most of the speaker wires without and issue. i get to the green positive and white positive which share a terminal on the harness into the bus and they dont produce sound if i hook them up individually. When i hook them up when the rest or any of the wires are hooked up, i lose sound and have to disconnect and reconnect ALL speaker wires to get sound back. if i leave them unhooked and hook everything else up i get audio, I can get audio just by hooking up a right side speaker wire and a left side speaker wire. the speakers on a bus i believe run in a constant circuit. there really is no left rear right rear speaker, as far as i can tell theres one main power wire running the length of the right side and one running the left side with wires tapped into that for each speaker, 4 per side. right speaker wires run right, left run left, makes no matter if i hook up front or rear.

When everything is hooked up i will have audio. I hook everything up while the key is in ACC and once im hooked up i turn the bus off, let it sit for a moment then move to the start and on position and i have nothing until i disconnect all speaker wires and reattach them. i lose audio every time i turn the bus off and on again. hu has power and memory after i turn the bus off, i dont lose that. just audio until i disconnect and reconnect speakers.

Never encountered anything like this and ive installed dozens of car and truck stereo systems...

hope someone can help. back to work at 9am tomorrow to try and figure it again so anytips for me to use by then would be greatly appreciated.

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most school buses use only right and left and no frt back. What year,body make, and chassis are you working on.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2013 :  07:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tested the speakers resistance combined and individually? I have had a few speakers that gave me a 1-2 ohm reading. Those will screw with your patience.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000