Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 dash cluster indicator lights remain on
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marck

8 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  7:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2007 International pusher school bus and when I turn the key on
several lights turn on IE "wait to start","check oil","water temp","fuel filter", etc. come on as normal but never go back off after a few seconds(as normal). What controls these lights.I assume it's a self test of the bulbs ??

Thx,

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  3:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do they ever go off? Some take longer than others.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

Marck

8 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  4:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, We've got 4 of these same buses, so I can compare one to another. This one, these lights never goes out. "normal" is to have the lights come on with key and go off after about 2/3 seconds.(even before you crank the engine)
The problem lights are "wait to start","oil/water","warn engine",
"change oil","water in fuel", and "fuel filter". The other Asst lights on the dash act normal. I've even traded a dash cluster with a known good unit and these lights still come on and stay on, so it's got to be somewhere in the wiring ?
Is there a relay somewhere that controls the timing on these ? I'm wondering what normally keeps them on for a couple of seconds the turns them off ??

Thx, Marc
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  05:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ran into this one time on a 4700 truck. Ground issue to the dash. Loss of ground occurred, so it took it's ground through those same lights.
Go to Top of Page

Marck

8 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  05:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marck's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thx I'll Look for where it's supposed to be grounded
Marc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000