drivers seatbelt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2013 vision that the drivers seatbelt light and horn are on when the belt is connected, I was wondering if this is another multiplex problem or the belt rollup mounted on the side above driver that just has a bad switch. Thanks maxx.

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  12:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a setting in the dashboard for a seatbelt switch; however, they didn't put in switched seatbelts in the Visions. It's in the configuration menu that you access by holding down both buttons AND THEN TURNING the ignition on. I think you're going to have to enter the four digit password before it will allow you to make changes - look up the year the body maker was founded. Find the setting for SEATBELT LOGIC and set it to DISABLED.

(edited info in red)

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."

Edited by - partsman_ba on 12/14/2012 3:50:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  2:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Partsman but to make things easier just call your dealer and they should be able to guide you through the process of resetting it. I see your from Texas, is that a propane vision by chance?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2012 :  8:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply,I will see if I can get into it, to resset it. No propane just diesel.
Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not been able to get to a screen in the configuration menu to put in a password and change the seatbelt setting. Holding both buttons down will not do anything only when I hold down the lower button, as if you are going to set the clock or check for diagnostics codes.
Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  10:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been in the configuration menu by holding down both buttons to access it. The only screens I can get to is by holding the bottom button down and to set clock,dash lights,diagnostics and be able to read parameters and can see where the seatbelt is set on high. nowhere to make any changes. thanks
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2012 :  3:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Key off. Hold both buttons down. Key on. Should pop right up instead of the normal "dashboard bootup."

Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  11:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you partsman I did come across this information and was able to get in and was able to disable the seatbelt. I apoligize I did not see the sequence in your first reply, No password needed.
Thanks again maxx
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  3:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow....I am glad I dont have these problems. My seatbelt just goes "click".........lol

"Hardybusman"
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  3:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually didn't have the part about turning on the key with the buttons pressed in the original post, maxx62. That's why I went back and edited the post and put the part I forgot in red. Haven't had to deal with the config menu since our Actias stopped blowing out their power supply circuitry.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000