New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  1:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

We have a 2008 IC here with an emergency exit buzzer problem. The driver was driving back from the morning run, and the buzzers (back door and driver's panel) started buzzing. The "EMERG EXIT" light is lit on the dash and the red light on the right side console is on.

All window latches, the back door, and roof hatch where checked and they all seem ok. Wires all seem connected too!

Our head mechanic put another micro-switch on the roof hatch, but no luck. When you stand there and push on any of the actual switches you can hear a surge in the buzzing.

When I left on my afternoon run they had the access panels off the driver's side interior of the bus checking the white and pink wires and their connections.

Anybody have any ideas I can throw their way?

At one point we thought it may be the entrance door lock not being in the right position, but we didn't think the lock had anything to do with the buzzer "emergency exit" wiring.

Makes me wonder if the problem is inside the little black box at the back door.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  6:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ck your voltage across the noise kill and master disconnect solenoids those seem to cause strange problems here when they don't work or have low voltage going thru them. The E- exit lite on dash will be on, but usally there are other issues with say heaters being non functional also. may not be your problem but easy to check.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  7:20:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a wire rub through where it goes up through some holes in the body to the roof hatch. If they have the cover panels off have them slowly move the harness around in those areas to see if the buzzer will stop.
Go to Top of Page

1983ChevroletWayne

Canada
173 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  08:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies and suggestions guys. The strange thing is that this morning they hooked the laptop up to the bus, and one of the other mechanics clicked on something to do with an "air regulation" and the buzzers stopped! Seems like a weird system! The bus was sent back out on route, but they are kind of expecting it to come back with the buzzers on again.

When they were turning off the bus and restarting it, the buzzers seemed to be delayed for about 5 seconds everytime. Which they found odd.

Anyways, thanks again! I'll post again if the issue returns!

Formerly "83ChevroletWayne"

Pic courtesy of: "schoolbusdriver.org"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000