New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  11:49:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a tough question, but would anyone like to speculate as to the sale value of a 2005 CE? Think 65 passenger sized body, but with rear lift and 2 w/c positions. Flat floor. DT, 2000 series, air brakes, 128,000 miles.

I haven't gone to see it just yet, it's two hours away. I may run out this weekend or early next week.

Spoke to the mechanic today, he says he is disposing of it because it's just of no use to them anymore. No wheelchairs to haul, it's too small for a regular route, hasn't been on a route in 2 years...just started up and driven to keep it charged and ready.

Disaster waiting to happen?

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  2:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bus and drivetrain should be good if it's been well maintained. Rust may be your limiting factor. Out West that would be just getting broke in....
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  5:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed on the rust being a limiting factor. We have an 07 CE that will be needing an emergency door as soon as the rust turns into a hole. From what our shop has told me, the doors are expensive (more than a Thomas or Bird door) Hopefully it also has one of the better/new replacement turbos. We've had trouble with the turbos and every now and again injectors on that era of 466. Otherwise, they've been decent buses. As to value, though, I'm not sure. Ours won't be going anywhere for a LONG time.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  6:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's sad...I have 18 2006 rust-free CE's that should go another 10 years just fine. I feel lucky out here.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000