2007 vision horn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there a fuse or relay for the horn on this bus, I have checked under the cover under the shifter and on the access panel under the drivers side window but do not see anything marked for the horn. I can get 12 volts with a volt meter at the horn button but it will not lightup a test light. any ideas. Never had this much trouble with a horn.

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  04:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this: http://www.newyorkbussales.com/pdfs/vision_horn_rewire4.pdf

My district had issues with the turn signal and horn intermittently working on the 2006s.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  05:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I will give that a try this evening when I get to the shop.
Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  7:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok when I pulled the cover to access the multiplex I found that where the B1-104 wire is not there the connector has a plug in it like it was never in that position, the B2-109 wire is in the B2 connector,Is there another place that the 104 wire would be connected. I have looked in the bluebird access wiring diagrams for my body number but did not find anything helpfull.
Go to Top of Page

bluebirdvision
Top Member

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  7:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact your dealer! I just read the TSBs and pass along what I feel is relevant. Sorry I can't help more.

Facebook Page: Blue Bird Corporation Fans
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_212311114614&ap=1

Go to Top of Page

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  05:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
off the central states bus website same pic bbd gave give those guys a call there very helpfull

Buses that have experienced horn failure can wire in a conventional relay circuit to avoid replacing the multiplex module. If it has been determined that no out put from the module to the horns on pin 14 connector B1 is present and pin 9 on connector B2 is grounding the circuit when the horn button is pressed use the following parts and schematic to make the repair. I you have any questions call our technical service department at 1-800-825-8273.
Go to Top of Page

maxx62

United States
106 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  9:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the help gentlemen,got the relay wired in and everything is good. This is the first problem i have had with the multiplex.
Go to Top of Page

nphip

1 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2018 :  09:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit nphip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bluebirdvision

Try this: http://www.newyorkbussales.com/pdfs/vision_horn_rewire4.pdf

My district had issues with the turn signal and horn intermittently working on the 2006s.

What did you find with the horn? I am having one that just started doing this. Mine is a 2007 Vision.
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  4:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I can tell, he pulled the horn circuit out of the multiplex and put in a dedicated relay. From Central States Bus:

VISION HORN FAILURE
Buses that have experienced horn failure can wire in a conventional relay circuit to avoid replacing the multiplex module. If it has been determined that no out put from the module to the horns on pin 14 connector B1 is present and pin 9 on connector B2 is grounding the circuit when the horn button is pressed.

If you can't figure it out, check with your servicing BB dealer - looks like several dealers used to have the info posted, but they're all dead links.

OR... you could replace the multiplex unit.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000