Enter Forum: Management/Operations
 school bus/van pricing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daycare101

22 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  08:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do bus company's do their pricing? iv heard for my area for the buses its around $250 per bus per day. Does anyone do it differently? maybe an hourly charge or something? How do they charge for stv with students going out of town? Is it more? do they charge by the mile? how does special ed work. I was told its priced higher then the normal busing. Can anyone give me info on this? Thanks

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:38:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It all varies based on time and mileage. Drivers usually get paid per hour, and fuel and maintenance costs depend on the miles driven. When a contractor bids a price like $250 per bus per day, that's after being provided a daily estimate of hours and miles in the bid proposal. They would probably charge the same way for an STV, after estimating the the cost for the service requested. Special ed probably costs more because of the extra cost for specialized equipment (wheelchair lift and tie-downs on a bus), and/or a requirement for a monitor on the bus.
Go to Top of Page

daycare101

22 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  12:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the price for a STV would be a lower price then a full bus i would guess?.....
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  6:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Usually, but not always. Better fuel economy and cheaper maintenance. Some would argue they can pay the drivers less than school bus drivers because they don't require a CDL, but that depends on the company.
Go to Top of Page

daycare101

22 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  10:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have been a lot of help so far. Thank you so much. I know someone who can get me a lot of work in this one town because there are kids coming from all over the state. To go to these magnet schools in town. I would want to use vans (stv) to go get them. I just have no clue in what to charge them. I wish I knew a way to find out what these company's are charging for something like this. And what they would charge for a child in a wheel chair...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000