General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 School Buses in my Area
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  6:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I figured I would post up some recent photos of the buses in my area. I used to have an account on this site (08BBVision) but could not get back on it, so I had to make a new one. Here are some photos of buses in my area, mainly the buses in my District, but there will be some of the cities around me.

Let's start off with a nice All American FE that the school purchased used last year from the military. Very nice bus, I have no idea what year it is. White roof and an air jackknife door and undercarriage storage. It is one of 3 FE Blue Birds left in the fleet as we are moving to all IC CE 300s.

One of the other AAFEs is this 2006. This one was purchased to replace an older AAFE. All of our transit buses are by driver request. I always liked this one as it was the first with the Air Door and it still has a CAT engine. This one was also purchased before the white roof and dual stop arms were spec's.

Here is one of two Blue Bird Visions that we have. They are both 2008's and were actually my idea to purchase. I convinced the TD to try them out. They are probably the most well taken car of buses in the fleet.

2003-ish IC CE. I think there are only two or three of these left in the fleet.

2007 Thomas C2. Only C2 in the fleet, I love this bus, wish they would get some more.

This one is our hold wheelchair lift bus, now used as a spare for when the new one is in the shop, or the C2 is in the shop. Sometimes used for Ag trips.

New IC lift bus that was purchased last year. This one has Air Ride.

The other three Thomases in the fleet are FS-65s. These have really proven themselves and are great buses. I always liked these because they looked bigger and tougher than the other buses. Two are spares, #34 and #31, and #7 is still used on a route.

More photos to come as I get them. Most all of the drivers keep their buses at their homes, but I would like to get some photos of the new ICs as soon as I can.

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  6:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of those buses look great, love the new IC you have pictured.

One thing I notice though is how horribly adjusted most of the cross over mirrors seem to be. Yikes.
Go to Top of Page

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  7:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many drivers do not known the proper way for the crossviews, but what can I do. haha. I just wish the district would spend some time washing and waxing these buses. Our new to this year ICs are already really dirty and one has a tail light out. I like the idea of getting them repainted that was posted in the thread about the California buses.
Go to Top of Page

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  9:50:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some more photos of our newest IC CE buses "In Action" that I took today.

2007 IC CE 300. This one is the first new bus purchased after the dual stop arm requirement was established for all buses in the state of Missouri. The white roof spec was also new to the district.

One of my favorites is this 2006 IC CE 200 purchased used from another district. It is the only bus in the fleet with the flashing "STOP" stop arm and the set-back IC logo. The white roof style is also different on this unit. The driver takes good care of this one and has added extra reflective tape.

Here are the new 2012 IC CE 300s that the school was able to purchase this year. The new specs for these under the new transportation director are the absents of the warning light visors. I don't know the reasoning of getting rid of them other than the fact that they get bent or broken too often as they get older. I think they look better without them.

I also have new photos of the fleet's other buses if anyone is interested.
Go to Top of Page

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  4:08:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some more of basically the rest of the fleet, give or take some.

Here are some more of most of the other buses in the fleet.

My favorite in the whole fleet, since I road this one since it was brand new until High School.

New IC CE 300

Thomas FS-65

Visions

Thomas from the front

Here are the older IC/International buses, Amtran Body with the different hood, before the CE's.

One of our first 2005 IC CE 200s

And the side of the a 2012 IC CE 300

Go to Top of Page

Tatum
Top Member

United States
606 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  9:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bus 9 has some interesting amber warning lights.

Great pics, man!
Go to Top of Page

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2012 :  9:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Both bus 8, 9, and even Blue Bird bus 20 have those odd colored amber lights. I don't know if it is because they are the only buses left that have strobe warning lights or what, they aren't LED or anything.

Edited by - tylerofficer on 02/12/2012 12:38:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  07:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've seen lights like bus 9's in First Student Thomas buses around here. They're Whelen incandescent lights, and the ones I've seen strobe (do all of these lights strobe?). The amber ones really put out a strong, wide aura of light (better than a typical LED, I think, since it seems those incandescents have a wider path than LEDs), but the reds are pretty weak in comparison and are somewhat purple-ish.

Edited by - 08 Thomas EF on 02/12/2012 07:03:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

tylerofficer

35 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit tylerofficer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that information on those lights, I didn't know that. The reds are actually still red, the Ambers are bright as can be. The only buses that still strobe are 9, 8, 6, 20, 34, and 31. The rest have the typical "Wig-Wag" lights.

Edited by - tylerofficer on 02/12/2012 12:51:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2012 :  9:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here are some photos of one of 2 new 2012 IC CE300s. They are really dirty at the time because it just snowed, everything was salted, don't worry they are clean now. IC has made their way up to probably becoming my favorite buses.

Also, here is one of our first new style IC CEs, this one is a 2005.

My School Bus Photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_officer/
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  11:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like bus 4 is missing a warning light visor on the driver's side?

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  12:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ya, I have no idea how that happened, I said they should just take them off but they won't. For some reason the drivers have problems with the visors, many of them are bent somehow, that's why on the new buses the spec change was no warning light visors.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  7:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went to my Local IC Dealer, Allied Bus Sales to apply for a job and check out the buses. I have a lot of photos, but I liked this one a lot. I live in Missouri, and this new 2012 IC CE 200 is bound for Prince George's County in Maryland. I thought it was cool to see another state's specs, especially one so far from me, and I love this bus!

To start, it has full LED lighting.

Another cool feature is that it has the exhaust under the bumper, all the new ICs I see have it through the bumper, not to mention the stainless tip.

Onto the inside, I loved the inside because it was completely different, green interior, and guess what, you can still get an IC with a manual door!

Warning light controls were not on the steering wheel, just cruise control and throttle controls.

Green floor, and seats.

I just had to share this one, I really liked it, wish I took more photos, might go up there and take some more before its gone.

Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  03:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's an interesting bus! Looks very nice.
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  04:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder why this Maryland bus was so far from home? Also, what is up with that RE in the first picture? Stationary side windows and what is that on the sides of the roof???

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  06:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome bus! I like the manual door setup! I also like the thicker font used on the side for the school name. I live in Columbus and it's not uncommon once or twice a year to see some of Prince George's buses passing through town on I-70.

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  07:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jared

I wonder why this Maryland bus was so far from home? Also, what is up with that RE in the first picture? Stationary side windows and what is that on the sides of the roof???

I am wondering the same about the Maryland bus. The only thing I can think of is that it was ordered through an Allied Bus in Marylan and for some reason was sent here to do the lettering and stuff, since we are only 3 hours from Tulsa IC plant. I didn't get o ask any questions about the buses, I was out there alone looking at them. I have a few more shots of that RE. It is very different, I wanted to get some interior shots because it looked like a part bus inside, but all the doors were locked. It was previously a Laidlaw bus, I seen the ghost lettering on the roof and the sides. The windows and Air conditioning units were unique.

1983Ward: your lucky to see them often, they have really cool specs. I like the door setup as well.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  4:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More from Allied Bus Sales.
The AmTrans that I visited. I had never seen a Genesis in person, I thought it was cool, and the conventionals were nice as well, never seen the Thomas stlye wipers on them.

The First Genesis was a mess inside.

Second was a lot better.

My favorite bus in the whole lot was this shorter 2002 TC2000. It was by far the cleanest older bus, this one is a 64 passenger bus and is priced at $20,500 with only 95,000 miles. She's too expensive for me, but I would have liked to take her home.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  2:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spring Break is this week for the District, so many of the buses have returned to the Barn for service, or because the drivers don't want them hanging around their house. I got a chance to take some photos today, hopefully I will be able to get some better ones this week.

Here's a 2006 All American FE, poorly taken care of this year. It looked brand new last year.

2007 Ex-Military All American FE. Some of the unique odd-ball to our fleet specs are the crossing arm, reflectors on the bumper, jackknife door, and the air horns.

And my favorite bus in the whole fleet, my childhood bus, 2000 All American FE. Rode this one from new to 6th Grade.

Last, but not least, a new All American D3 from another district 4 hours away I spotted yesterday.

Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  8:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some more of my visit to Allied Bus Sales.

The RE was formally a Laidlaw bus, it is set up as some kind of party bus.

New CE 300

And a circle of new IC's

Edited by - 08BBVision on 03/11/2012 8:30:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  7:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our one little C2

2012 IC CE 300

C2 and one of the 2005 CE 200s

2003 IC's

2007 and 2006 CE 300s

2007 CE 300: Bought used two years ago, specs are way different than ours, I like this one.

Brown seats in the 2007 CE...odd to see in a new CE.

And the 07 CE has this flashing STOP arm, also not our spec.

Check out my Flickr Photostream for more photos.

Edited by - 08BBVision on 03/13/2012 7:44:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  2:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tyler, what kind of camera do you have? It takes pretty nice pictures.
Go to Top of Page

08BBVision

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  5:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08BBVision's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My most recent pictures are with my Nikon P500. It's a great camera, I recommend it to anyone looking for a new camera, takes great moon photos too. The other photos I use my iPhone 4.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000