Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 VT365 won't start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bcrawley

2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2011 :  07:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit bcrawley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 06 ce200 was running fine when parked, went to start in the afternoon would crank over but not start. next morning it started fine but then died after about 7 miles. will not start at all now. the lift pump in the tank is not coming on. it had 3 codes: 164 1, 110 2, 002 0. any help would be great.

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  03:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did those codes come from? The 2 most suspect areas are EGR valve hanging or problem in IDM power circuit. IDM circuit problems on those can be anywhere between the battery and the Injector Drive Module. There are 2) 40 amp fuses at the battery. These go into a harness that runs all the way up to the engine compartment. Also, there is a relay on the firewall for the IDM and the connections in the base fail and/or the relays mess up. Never seen a lift pump in the tank on a CE bus.
Go to Top of Page

bcrawley

2 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  08:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit bcrawley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done some more looking and i think it is the STC feting on the HPOP. the EGR valve was replaced about 10k miles ago and i have replaced the IDM harness last year. and the IDM relay was clicking. and i switched it with a good one just to make sure. My bad on the lift pump, its not in the tank. the codes came from my scanner hooked to the port under the dash. thanks for the input and any information is good to have.
Go to Top of Page

jeepcjron
Advanced Member

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  10:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check all the power grounds to the ecm and idm relays. the weak link just keeps getting moved as you replace the cables. the older they get the more the idm draws until it fries.

its like a slinky! useless but fun to watch.
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  11:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of our VT365's received an improved STC fitting as a part of UPTIME work by International in 07 or 08. Make sure you get the improved style. We have had no problems with snap to connect fittings since. Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  09:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im having idm power supply issues on on of our vt365. The 10 amp fuse on fire wall has no power going to it. Im trying to find where it gets its power from. The bus just came back from dealer for this issue and they repaired the wire on idm harness and took some problem connectors out of the positive and ground supplies from battery box. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech II

121 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  12:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus Tech II's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Theres 2 more power/Groung feed connectors near the starter one is 3 wire and the other is 2 wire
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  12:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they have been taken out and spliced together. I found wires from that fuse on firewall go to idm big plug pins 8 and 25. Also one of the wires is supposed to get feed from idm relay. I ohmed wire and it does go to the relay. So i may have issues with bad ground or no ignition feed to relay. I can ground one of the repaired wires and the relay will click and power the fuse. I had to stop to run a route so will start back on it tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2014 :  07:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
believe the relay was going bad. You could plug it in and no power to the fuse, then give it a tap then it would power the fuse. Then it would go back to working all the time.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2014 :  09:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
believe the relay was going bad. You could plug it in and no power to the fuse, then give it a tap then it would power the fuse. Then it would go back to working all the time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000