School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Meritor Wabco ABS Pump Motor code.(Fixed)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  2:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I (fixed) two other buses with this problem by tapping with a hammer. I have another that I pulled off the motor which is sealed and welded in the case so you can't access the brushes/com to clean. I cleaned dry grease and rust out of the bearing port inside the modulator. The motor has a bearing on the end of the shaft that acts as an eccentric. It is working for now. I also did the service bulletin S10SG about drilling a hole in the motor. A bit too late I think they all were dry no water came out.

Edited by - Wolf0r on 10/07/2010 12:43:45 PM

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  4:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Wolf, that info might prove very useful in my future :)

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  09:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's back, motor is not working again. I'll probably end up changing the whole unit, depends on what BB says.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  06:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
According to the service info I have read, you can change components on that valve body. Looks like it will be easier to change indvidual components than the whole valve body. These brake systems are going to be fun. But not real fun.

I do like Wabco's diagnostic program. They also have good technical writers.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  06:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BB sent me the whole unit ECU and all. I have to find out why I can't read the E-series on a Vision with my nexiq.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

JustinB
Advanced Member

United States
490 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  07:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen that issue on the NexIQ USB & the laptop program.

Embarassing personal experience has shown me that WabCo's diagnostics currently only communicate via J1708/J1587. Make sure that the ToolBox program has J1708/J1587 selected & not J1939.

They seem to keep J1939 limited to operations only.

I may not know the answer but I can usually find who does.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  12:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It selects HD Standard on the brakes under Brakes/Power Unit. Which is where I picked up the generic code for the mod motor. I try to manually load Wabco ABS Hydraulic and it gives me an error code. Tech support hasn't got back with me yet. I read the D series just fine. The bus is fixed though. Should I drill a hole in it!?! :P

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2010 :  5:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
From what I have seen, I've been reluctant to tap on anything even in the vicinity of those valve bodies! I'm glad to know you can tap on the motor and get away with it, it can prove to be another diagnostic method, just to be sure I am chasing the right rabbit :)

Thanks, Wolf, for posting the fix.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000