Parent says bus left autistic child behind
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  11:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apr 27 2008
KVIA NEWS
EL PASO, Texas - An El Paso man is threatening legal action after his autistic child was allegedly left behind by an El Paso Independent School District bus.

Victoria Cataldi, 8, is autistic and Thursday she didn't make it on the school bus. Her parents said it's the school's fault!

"I'm at a point right now if I have to take Victoria down there myself I have to sit with her. I have to quit my job and sit with her," Antonio Cataldi said.

Cataldi told ABC-7 he is livid that Victoria had to walk home after the school bus at Nixon Elementary in Northeast El Paso left without her.

Click Here for full story

Click the link to receive a free customizable brochure (MS Word template) that can be reproduced and given to parents - "The seven highly effective steps to keeping your child safe" - Click Here for Link

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Post Check, Hostage Takeover, Bus Fire, Danger Zones and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.

Edited by - JK on 04/28/2008 12:24:10 PM

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  10:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Link in unavailable...
Go to Top of Page

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salaskie

Link in unavailable...

An alternate link:

Parent upset after he says bus left autistic child behind

Edited by - news on 04/28/2008 12:53:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  11:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the new link Sandy.
So many questions here:
Does this child ride a special ed bus?
Is the child brought to a bus by a teacher to make sure she boards her bus?
Or is she dismissed like the majority of the students to board their appropriate bus home?
Is there a staff member on the sidewalk as students are dismissed to make sure all students get on buses or leave with parents?

Go to Top of Page

Mr. Dave

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  12:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't they have radios? Here if a special ed student is accidently left the bus returns to the school. Come to think of it we usualy do that for all elementary students. It's called treating the kids the way you would want your kids treated.

salom dave

Shiny side up

Greasy side down
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, Dave, but not everyone thinks in those terms - kids treated the same as ones' own. Some bus drivers also become impatient just like other motorists do. It's amazing to see some drivers pulling out before the scheduled time to depart, then to see them sitting in their bus ten minutes or longer at the next school. And away they go again, just as fast as they can get the next group on board and gone. Bound to miss some on occasion when doing that. (jk)

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Post Check, Hostage Takeover, Bus Fire, Danger Zones and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000