New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  4:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if AAFE's are coming with pass through luggage bays now?, because all of them are in the style of pass through but Im not sure if they are. Any info appreciated.

origcharger
Top Member

United States
619 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  6:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kodie

Does anyone know if AAFE's are coming with pass through luggage bays now?, because all of them are in the style of pass through but Im not sure if they are. Any info appreciated.

Because of the exhaust system and driveshaft I do not see how a front engine bus could have "pass through" luggage bays. Or maybe when you say "pass through" you mean something other than what I am picturing?

Operating; Seven T444Es, One MaxxForce 7, One VT365, Four DT466s, One E-450 6.0 and one Mercedes in a C2.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  6:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kodie,

Any FE's style buses weather it’s Blue Bird, IC or Thomas would not be able to have the pass through luggage on that type of bus, due to the driveline to the rear wheels.
Now if it is a RE bus, then you would be able to have the pass through luggage.

Hope that helps?

Your Child's Safety is Our Business
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was Rob's question that I posted for him so.. once he gets on he can clarify. He asked me to post and I put what he said.
Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  03:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing to clarify Kodie - you can't have pass-through luggage bays on a front engine bus. The driveshaft and exhaust system are in the way.

JC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000