Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  08:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ten Clues That You're Married To A School Bus Driver

#10 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse pre-trips the family car, daily.

#9 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse reaches for the microphone to speak to you.

#8 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse waves, with a smile, to all crossing guards even when sitting in the back of a patrol car.

#7 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse has an emergency evacuation drill, twice a year, in the family car.

#6 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse parks the car in the bus loading zone, during P.T.A. meetings.

#5 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse has you sign off the pre-trip book before you drive his pickup.

#4 You're probably married to a special education bus driver if your spouse only waits two minutes for you to get out to the car.

#3 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse writes up her children for bad behavior, in the family wagon.

#2 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse asks for a route sheet, to take you shopping.

#1 You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse stops at all railroad crossings with the flashers on, in the family van. ............................anonymous

http://user.mc.net/hyden/comment.htm

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  1:30:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then there is:

You look for the switch for the yellows when you are stopping to drop off your child at a friend's house. (Did that!)

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  1:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Another one...you laugh when someone complains that they have to get up at 6:30 to go into work "early".
Go to Top of Page

Sam
Advanced Member

United States
390 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL @ ALL of these!!! I moved my car in teh driveway this morning and tried to pull out the parking brake. pshhhhhh!
Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  6:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you put on your hazards and beep the horn to back a subcompact car out of a parking spot.
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this may only apply to certain states but.... you dont turn right on red in your own car.
Go to Top of Page

IC-CEiswhereiwannabe
Advanced Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  09:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...when they're always checking that right mirror to make sure "their dualies cleared the corner" when driving your sub-compact

Why can't U C what I C in IC?
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  11:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
1. When stopping at the end of a street, you look in front of your personal vehicle for the non-existent crossview mirrors to make sure your front bumper is positioned before the white stop line.

2. You find yourself looking above the windshield in your personal vehicle for an exterior light monitor, only to find a sun visor.
Go to Top of Page

School Bus M8
Top Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  5:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit School Bus M8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mlkdrives41

Then there is:

You look for the switch for the yellows when you are stopping to drop off your child at a friend's house. (Did that!)

I've done that a few times when I had to drop my cousin off.
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  5:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You're probably married to a school bus driver if your spouse blows the horn at passing cars while letting kids out.
You're probably married to a (California) school bus driver if your spouse gets out of the car with a portable stop-sign every time you kid needs to cross the street.

Go to Top of Page

bus724
Top Member

USA
1609 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  5:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit bus724's Homepage  Send bus724 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When driving in your car on a road that's part of your bus route, you keep reaching for the amber switch 100 feet before certain houses.
Go to Top of Page

School Bus M8
Top Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  8:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit School Bus M8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When your driving in your car and something happens on the road like a serious accident and you reach for a non existant two way radio to call have the boss call police. (I've done that before too)

Edited by - School Bus M8 on 01/23/2008 8:23:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

disp29
Advanced Member

United States
202 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  10:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Send disp29 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about when you give someone a ride and before you let them out, you reach out with your Right Hand to grab for the Door Handle that isn't there! I've done that one already. My best Friend asked me what I was doing and I told her, rather seriously before I realized it "How else are you going to get out"... then reality set in

kEvIn

Go to Top of Page

ptig78d

United States
19 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  11:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Send ptig78d a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about if you rock and roll while looking left, right, and left again at intersections? I caught myself doing that yesterday driving home from the bus lot in my car.

-Dave
Currently in training
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  8:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I once called my wife and told her I was stuck in a Signal-17 and would be late getting home. She said, "a Signal-WHAT?".

(Signal-17 is our lingo for a traffic jam)
Go to Top of Page

bkicce06

1 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  10:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit bkicce06's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bring up an old forum... but

stopping at a r/r crossign with hazards on.... in your car behind a school bus stopping to load/unload and put on hazards (massachusetts thing) and reachign above you to change a radio station like in my bus when radio is to my right...
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  5:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You take excessively wide turns in your car to maneuver in parking lots, slow way down for slight curves so as not to disturb the (nonexistent) passengers and flip the vehicle....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000