Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  2:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I know that there are some guys that wanted a Diecast Blue Bird Vision, well i am trying to get that to happen, i emailed Blue Bird and told them that i wanted them to make a Vision model and they emailed me back saying that they need more info, so i gave it to them, they sent it to some manufacturers and we're waiting for replies. I give you a site when they reply.

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  2:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How did you accomplish that? I emailed them twice and they never replied. If they make a 1:53 version of that model, I might have to go broke ordering a fleet of them!
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  2:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know but they just now told me that they will sell them 2500 at a time for $1500 to $12,000, if you want to order them one at a time help me email him at jbhatlanta@aol.com please.

Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  8:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision

$1500 to $12,000

Wow I don't think anybody is going to want to buy those... you could buy a real bus for that price and even have some leftover to pimp it out
Go to Top of Page

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  10:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe Wheels, Wings, and Other Things will buy them in bulk and sell them individually on their website.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  10:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for the idea, have you tried emailing them and asking?

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  10:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just emailed schoolbusgifts.com about the Vision models, i will tell you when i get a reply.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anybody really wants a diecast Blue Bird Vision then it would help if you emailed schoolbusgifts.com telling them to email jbhatlanta@aol.com to buy the Blue Birds in bulk and sell them one by one.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Or School Bus Fleet could buy them in bulk and sell them one by one like the Saf-T-Liner C2

Go to Top of Page

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  07:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 08BBVision

thank you for the idea, have you tried emailing them and asking?

Splitrimz is the man behind Wheel, Wings, and Other Things, and School Bus Gifts. Maybe he will read this post. Right now, I can't email him, because Hotmail is down.
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  07:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello All.. Here is the Math: Assuming about mid range on that post.

$6,000 cost of die.
$75,000 2500 buses @ $30.00 paid to manuf.
Total $81,000 not counting shipping from China.

I would have to sell 2500 visions at $50.00 each to recoup my total original outlay. Selling 2500 visions at that price won't happen, high price buses move very slowly. I'm sure B&B did these numbers and decided against it.

There is also a big risk in importing. If the production is flawed, not the sample but the production, of the 2500 units, China won't take them back and they already have your money. I'm sure IC didn't really like the IC519 but that's the way it turned out.

ADDED: Another cost that I have not seen mentioned. The licensing fee per unit that Blue Bird would require. That is another big uptic.

Splitrimz

Edited by - splitrimz on 07/27/2007 2:58:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  09:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would buy one, maybe some other guys will too.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a picture of what the bus looks like could you put it on here please?

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
There is also a big risk in importing. If the production is flawed, not the sample but the production, of the 2500 units, China won't take them back and they already have your money. I'm sure IC didn't really like the IC519 but that's the way it turned out.

Maybe it will turn out like the Thomas Saf-T-Liner C2 model, it was good.

Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  11:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I e-mailed Blue-Bird in 2004 about this same issue. Jay McDuffie (I think that was his name) sent me several e-mails that they were in fact making Diecast replicas of the AA, Vision, Microbird, etc. That's been nearly 3 years ago. I'll believe it when I see one for sale.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  11:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish we could get Splitrimz to buy the Visions, who knows if he lowered the price to like $30.00 he could make quite a bit of $$$.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  1:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have another idea, School Bus Fleet can buy the Visions and sell them.

Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  1:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it that big of a deal to have these sold?
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  1:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

To me it is, its my favorite bus and i want a model of it, why do you want to know?

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  2:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Busdude3

Ryan, at least Blue Bird now has a idea about selling Vision models.

Anyway, I think its a good idea. Lots of school bus model collectors will love it.

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  3:14:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

quote:

Ryan, at least Blue Bird now has a idea about selling Vision models.

Anyway, I think its a good idea. Lots of school bus model collectors will love it.

-Jake

And I'm one of them!

Edited by - Iluvskool on 07/27/2007 3:15:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  5:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that some minor front end customization (Grill and bumper) on the Boley CE would come close. I don't have a photo of the rear. What do the experts think?

Splitrimz

Go to Top of Page

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  6:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I emailed this Blue Bird guy yesterday, and still haven't received a reply.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  7:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
--originally posted by splitrimz ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me that some minor front end customization (Grill and bumper) on the Boley CE would come close. I don't have a photo of the rear. What do the experts think?

I don't know, it's not big enough, and how would you get the Vision Safty View window, i just think it would be cool if they could make it like the Thomas C2 with interior.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  7:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But who is going to buy that many and sell them?

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  09:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
originally posted by theFirstStudentguy

quote:
Like some people said, School Bus gifts.Com, Blue-Bird Gear, Wheels Wings and Other Things, Diecast Direct.Com. Someone of that group many decide to do it.

But can any body get any of those sites to buy them?

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  09:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed Diecast Direct.com and asked them if they will buy them, i am waiting for a reply.

Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  8:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't gotton any replies from diecast direct.com, but i really could use your help, can you guys help me email some people to convince them to buy the models and resell them? (maybe if we bug them enough they will)

Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  07:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

I have emailed and they have not replied to mine either!

I have another suggestion that might get you to your goal. If not it would be a great learning experience.

Develop a business plan to achieve your goal.
1. Develop your specifications and drawings of the model.
2. Get a quote for that exact specification from a manufacturer.
3. Determine how many you want the manufacturer to build.
4. Determine your selling price based on the quote and other added costs like license fees, shipping, stocking, profit etc.
5. Based on that selling price, conduct a poll to see how many buyers are interested in that model at that price. If the number of interest justifies the cash outlay proceed.
6. Write it all up in a "Business Plan" and take it to your local bank for a small business application.

If you follow this path you will begin to understand the economics of the effort. It would also be a great experience you could draw on for some of those college projects you are going to encounter. You will be well prepared. Sincerely, Splitrimz

Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  08:08:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

I have emailed and they have not replied to mine either!

It's the weekend... I'm sure they are enjoying their time with their family. I doubt an email from 5 people is going to convince them to but 2500 model buses... how would they know if they are going to sell them all? What if just those 5 people that emailed them bought them? then they might as well consider themselves out of a lot of cash.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasC2
Top Member

United States
650 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  10:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh who knows, there might be a lot of school bus collectors that arent in the SBF forums that will buy them, and around the world.

Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  4:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, I don't think so at all. Actually I do know so. I know I'm not buying one for a high price, so that leaves me out.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  5:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nope, I don't think so at all. Actually I do know so. I know I'm not buying one for a high price, so that leaves me out.

That is true. If its over about $20 bucks, you can forget it from me.

-Jake

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

Iluvskool

United States
53 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  09:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Iluvskool's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So what is the latest on this?
Go to Top of Page

Lifestar Fe
Top Member

United States
521 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  1:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Lifestar Fe's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
an 08 vision model would be so cool. I would buy it on any scale if it was under 30 bucks, but i would prefer 1/87 to go with my other models.

Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  3:19:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can we first start with a picture?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000