clearance lights fuse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dattco70

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  4:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my clearance lights stoped working does anyone know what they would be called in the fuse box. i cant find it its a 1996 amtran re

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  5:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not real familiar with the Amtran line but are the clearance lights controlled by the headlight switch or a switch on the panel? If its a seperate switch for the clearance lights then open up the panel and follow the "hot" wire back to the fuse block to find the correct fuse. If the fuse is okay then check to see if the switch is defective by jumping the wires on the switch itself.

If they operate off the headlight switch and the other lights on the same switch are still working then I'd suggest a loose connection or defective switch. Hope this helps!

JC
Go to Top of Page

dattco70

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  10:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i checked my switch and its good so it has to be a fuse or something eles. i dont get it it was working and they just did not work one morning. there is some fuses that are like big and round and square ones lol that are not the size of a regular fuse. there is also 2 that are the size of a regular fuse but have like a copper cover over them?
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what switch is controlling the clearance lights? is it the headlamp switch or a separate switch on the panel??

if it's on the panel, you should have one wire that is hot all the time when the power is on, so if thats not hot, then more than likely you have a bad fuse somewhere or a bad connection.

If you have a wire that is hot connected to that switch, cross it over to the other wire and see if the lights come on. And also if it's hot and when you cross the wires, the lights don't come on, you have a bad ground somewhere, more than likely.

If its controlled by the headlight switch, then i'd say you blew a fuse somewhere. They will be square like in an automobile. Should be labeled "cl lights" or something of the sort.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

dattco70

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i fixed it guys in my bus i have the switch on the panal and the switch on my headlights i guys. so when i clicked my head lights on they all went on . i guess i have to have both switches on at the same time thanks for all the help
Go to Top of Page

dattco70

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  12:26:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dattco70

i fixed it guys in my bus i have the switch on the panal and the switch on my headlights. so when i clicked my head lights on they all went on . i guess i have to have both switches on at the same time thanks for all the help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000