New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  4:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
October 18, 2006 - NY1, NY - A four-year-old boy had a scary afternoon on Wednesday when he was left unattended on a Brooklyn school bus.

Police say the bus driver parked the vehicle on Avenue Z and left without inspecting it.

A passerby noticed the boy left inside and called police.

The driver was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

source

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  11:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Surprise, surprise, surprise. Another child left behind because a bozo failed to check the bus.

William
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  2:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I believe this refers to the same story:

BOY, 5, IS LEFT ON BUS BY DRIVER

By PATRICK WHITE and PHILIP MESSING

October 21, 2006 -- A bus driver was arrested on child-endangerment charges after leaving a 5-year-old kindergartner alone on a school bus yesterday morning, police said.

Alberto Marin, 50, left Edens Fils, 5, alone on his bus for more than 90 minutes after dropping off other students at a different school in Jamaica, Queens.

"He was in shock. He could not talk. It was terrible. People who are irresponsible should be punished," said the child's father, John-Paul Fils.

Edens left his home at 7 a.m. and was supposed to be taken to P4Q on Merrick Boulevard in Laurelton an hour later, but the child fell asleep.

Marin, a driver for Logan Bus Company, in Ozone Park, discharged students at PS 161 and parked his bus nearby at 101-133 125th St. At 9:30 a.m., a passer-by spotted Edens sleeping and called 911.

Edens' mother, Anne, said her son "could have been dead."

"He told me, 'Mommy, I went to sleep and when I woke up I was all by myself,' " she said.

A spokesman for Logan Bus Company could not be reached, but Marin's wife, Santa Marin, defended her husband, calling him "a good driver, a good husband and a good man."

Click Here for source

---

From the story: Could have been dead.

This event occurs about twelve times each school day in this country of sufficient interest to report in the press. There are many more daily occurrences that do not adequately interest the local press.

And what are the statistics concerning all the kids that have been left sleeping on actual school buses in this country that then resulted in death or horrific injury?

200 per year? 100? 50? 25? 12? 6? 3? 1?

I did not notice that important statistic presented in the story. (jk)

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Hostage Takeover, bus fire and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.

Edited by - JK on 10/21/2006 3:45:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  2:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by william

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Another child left behind because a bozo failed to check the bus.

''If we keep doing what we're doing, we're going to keep getting what we're getting.'' --Stephen Covey

Have a nice day. (jk)

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Hostage Takeover, bus fire and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.

Edited by - JK on 10/21/2006 2:52:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000