School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 Questionnaire for bus drivers, riders- and anyone!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  07:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I get at least 10 forum members to answer this! Pleaseee answer it!!!!!!! You can copy and paste and answer the questions that way. I used to ask these types of questions and thought people liked these?? So maybe I'll give it another try. My answers will be in another post! If people answer it then #80AmtranRe4=
If no one answers it then #80AmtranRe4=

Please explain!

1. Favorite season?

Least favorite?

2. Favorite memory riding the bus?

Least favorite?

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver?

Least favorite?

4. Favorite type of bus?

Least favorite?

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about?

6. Music most listened to?

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why?

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be?

9. Favorite engine and why?

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 04/09/2006 07:43:19 AM

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  07:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My answers are kind of lame, I just answered it to show an example, I'll answer it more in detail later. You don't have to answer them all.

1. Favorite season? Spring (favorite weather, and it's close to summer)

Least favorite? (Fall, I dislike Sept)

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? (6th grade when my busdriver yelled at someone I couldn't stand)

Least favorite? (having a bus driver who wouldn't use the yellow lights)

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? (answer later)

Least favorite?

4. Favorite type of bus? (amtran re)

Least favorite? (ic-fe)

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about? (helping others)

6. Music most listened to? (aol music)

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? (bus driver that I had from 9-12th gr)

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be? (answer later)

9. Favorite engine and why? T444e, love it and the sound it makes

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  07:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

1. Favorite season? summer / spring

Least favorite? winter ( to cold )

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? the first time

Least favorite? the last time

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? n/a (dont drive)

Least favorite? n/a

4. Favorite type of bus? 70s ford wayne

Least favorite? any type D FE ( can be hard to work on )

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? cant say there was

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be? lower cost on new buses

9. Favorite engine and why? DT466 ( pre 2005 )Has been proven to be very reliable

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

VisionBird

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  08:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit VisionBird's Homepage  Send VisionBird an AOL message  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season? Summer

Least favorite? Winter

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? Battling Nintendo on bus

Least favorite? Kid throwing up on new Thomas Freightliner

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? Not driver

Least favorite? Not Driver

4. Favorite type of bus? Type-C

Least favorite? Type-A

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about?
NASCAR.

6. Music most listened to? Probably Eiffel 65.

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? Starr because she always knows what to do when there is bus problems.

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be?

I would improve the selection of engines by completely eliminating Cummins engines. :P

MBE 906 because it is powerful, quick, yet so quiet and reliable.

-Jacob L.
Proud Rider of Bus 379, a 2004 Thomas Freightliner with Mercedes Engine!
http://www.rpmtunersracing.net
Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  09:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season? Spring

Least favorite? Fall

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? Towle 91-1

Least favorite? Towle 91-2

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? N/A

Least favorite? N/A

4. Favorite type of bus? Type D

Least favorite? a 1980s Wayne FE

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about? NASCAR and Transit Buses

6. Music most listened to? Ozzy Osbourne, Heavy metal, Techno.

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? My grade 11 bus driver cause he was awesome.

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be? Lower prices on New Buses

9. Favorite engine and why? DT466 its the best.

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  10:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season?Winter, not to cold in Florida.

Least favorite? Summer, to hot in Florida!

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? The first time I rode a C2

Least favorite? The last day of school every year.

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver?N/A

Least favorite? N/A

4. Favorite type of bus?Conventionals

Least favorite?Type A's and B's

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about? Fighter planes and werewolves (Yea, I know I'm weird! )

6. Music most listened to? New rock

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? Mrs. Joanne because she always made you laugh. (Still does to!)

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be?PAY!

9. Favorite engine and why?T444E, To me, it's just a good engine.

Edited by - Bus9709 on 04/09/2006 10:33:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  4:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season? Least favorite?
Summer Winter

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? Least favorite?
When I met my first girlfriend on the bus. No least favorite memories yet.

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? Least favorite?
Does not apply to me. Not yet a driver.

4. Favorite type of bus? Least favorite?
Type D Rear Engine Type A

Anything to do with land or sea transportation. Buses, trains, cruise ships, etc.

Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Genesis

I've been inspired by so many. Hard to choose just one.

Driver pay and benefits.

9. Favorite engine and why?International T444E. Love the jet engine sound it makes!

Edited by - IC RE 1629 on 04/09/2006 4:07:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just because I'm bored....

1. Favorite season?Spring, finally out of winter

Least favorite? Fall, school starting and winter cold coming

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? First year of school, brand new bus

Least favorite? None

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver?na

Least favorite? na

4. Favorite type of bus? Anything type C

Least favorite?Type B's, some type A's

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about? Aviation by far!

6. Music most listened to? Classic rock

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? None

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be?I would get more body, chassis, and engine choices

9. Favorite engine and why?Either the GM 366 gasser, or GM 454 gasser. Real men drive gas buses! (Right, Bret?)

Edited by - Cody on 04/09/2006 5:50:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

themikepeng

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  4:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit themikepeng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season?
summer (no school! but you can still watch buses)
Least favorite?
spring (because school piles everything on to you and little breaks)

2. Favorite memory riding the bus?
field trips! nuff said
Least favorite?
having to walk across the blacktop to get to the school bus on a super rainy day for 6th grade camp (my last time riding a school bus, sad isnt it?) but i guess this doesn't count as "riding" lol

doing 2 wheel stunts with a blue bird mini bird in rigs of rods simulator when i take sharp turns
Least favorite?
when i drove the saf t liner hdx for the first time in RoR and i kept crashing it on turns lol, ironically it ended up becoming my best bus
4. Favorite type of bus?
tie between type b and type d
Least favorite?
type a--killed the type b and looks weird

trains

none

myself: i made 20 episodes of "crazy school bus driver" on youtube :D

bring back blue bird's mini bird!

probably dt466 because its in the amtran re and the 3800 and more powerful than the t444e

model school bus collector! website
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/
my personal fleet
https://sites.google.com/site/modelschoolbuses/my-fleet
my store
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/schoolbusmodels
youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/lolfunnycp

Edited by - themikepeng on 05/04/2014 7:57:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

05ICCE

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  5:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit 05ICCE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season? Spring, it is nice to see everything turning green instead of dreary brown and gray.

Least favorite? Winter, I dislike cold and snow.

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? 1973, ten years old, sitting with and holding hands with my first girl friend. Still friends after all these years.

Least favorite? 1975, caught throwing a wad of paper. driver made the four of us write "I WILL NOT THROW THINGS ON THE SCHOOL BUS" 1000 times. I hid from my dad at my grandparents house for the weekend to complete it. My driver was our fire chief and dad was the deputy chief. Dad and my uncle were working on one of the fire trucks one night and dad found the "I WILL NOT" papers on the top of the pile in the trash can. THE ONLY DUMMY TO PUT HIS NAME ON HIS WORK WAS ME.

3. Favorite memory being a bus driver? Every successful trip i make.

Least favorite? The one and only puker i have had to clean up after. He had good aim, got the window open and let it fly on the outside of the bus.

4. Favorite type of bus? IC CE, only because it is the only model i have driven for ten years. I have had 3 new buses in that time, 04, 05 and 2014.

Least favorite? I do not have any.

5. Besides the school bus industry, what is something else you are passionate about? Trains, planes and some automobiles.

6. Music most listened to? Rock.

7. Bus driver that inspired you the most and why? "The old man". I do not recall his name. He was our high school driver. He had to put up with us boneheads who " KNEW IT ALL" and did some real stupid things at that age.

8. If there is one thing in the school bus industry that you could improve, what would it be? Driver pay rate. We carry priceless cargo and are paid less than most professions.

9. Favorite engine and why? DT 466, it has outlived others like the 7.3 in the emissions world.

Mr. Scott, "because he drives a COOL BUS"
Go to Top of Page

themikepeng

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  5:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit themikepeng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Driver pay rate. We carry priceless cargo and are paid less than most professions. " i agree, i especially hate those arrogant spoiled kids who hate on the bus drivers that tell them to stop when they try to break rules or because the bus is too hot/crowded what the heck is the bus driver supposed to do about that

my personal fleet
my store
youtube
Go to Top of Page

08 Thomas EF
Top Member

533 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  11:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit 08 Thomas EF's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. Favorite season?
- Fall. The year is fresh, it's nice to be back in the swing of things, the weather's beautiful, and I'm not overloaded with school work yet.

Least favorite?
- Spring. I'm sick of being in the swing of things, the weather's atrocious (rainy, muddy, allergies) and I don't have time to enjoy the good days when they happen, and I'm tired of doing school work.

2. Favorite memory riding the bus? Hooking up 4 Game Boys to play Mario Brothers.

Least favorite?
- An irritable bus driver yelling, "Hey! How about we all just shut... up?!" when she was (rightfully) frustrated. I was terrified of that driver, but I've come to know her outside of busing and she's a wonderful person. Her husband is awesome, too, and was my driver in kindergarten.

-I've never been a driver as a profession, but the one time I've driven a bus was Phil's RV conversion, in the parking lot of my school amongst the school buses. I backed it in next to one of them! Great day that was.

Least favorite?
- Well, during above experience, I tricked myself into looking back while backing up, even though I've spent tons of time watching drivers do it the right way, using mirrors. That was embarrassing, but I imagine every new driver does it.

4. Favorite type of bus?
- Thomas, especially late 2000s EFs and just about anything with the "classic" body. Thomas/International, late '80s/early '90s Thomas/Ford.... Early 2000s AAs were nice too, and TCs. As far as old buses, I like Superiors.

Least favorite?
- Newer ICs. GM Vistas. Type As (though some Micro Birds, Minotours, and Corbeils looked decent).

- Technology, particularly computers and networking.

- Not much.

- April, my driver from 5th-8th grade, then 10th grade. Great person, good to talk to, always liked to give a piece of her own mind, and really cared about her job -- very safe, dedicated to the students, took great care of the bus.

- Roll back, or at least freeze, the emissions tiers, to improve the cost and complexity of engines and maintenance. Also greater pay for drivers!

- ISB 6.7 is quiet, smooth, and durable. I also like DT466Es. T444Es and ISB 5.9s are good, too, if they're well-maintained (some sound weird as they age).
Go to Top of Page

themikepeng

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2014 :  9:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit themikepeng's Homepage  Reply with Quote
man i hate spring! fluctuating weather + idiot teachers + schoolwork + allergies too!

my personal fleet
my store
youtube
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000