Question about air doors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Whenever I ride my bus and the driver starts the engine, they'd(they keep switching the drivers for our route) have to get up and push a red switch above the service door. My question is, what does this switch do? Because this afternoon, the driver forgot to push the switch and when we got to my stop, she activated the doors and right when they opened, they began to close. So she tried activating them again, and since I was standing right by the doors, she told me to push the button as soon as the doors opened. When I pushed it, the doors didn't close again until the driver made them. Hope that wasen't confusing to anyone, but if it was just let me know and I'll try and clear it up. Anyway, I ride a C2 and another question that I have is if this switch is only on the C2. I'm pretty sure it isn't, but I just want to be sure because I haven't seen it above the door on the other air door equipped buses that we have.

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  4:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thomas Builts have the control above the door, AmTran and IC have them on the sides of the dash boards, and I think Blue Bird has them above the door as well.

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2006 :  5:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its a by-pass basically alows the driver to be able to close and open the door from the out side of the bus

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

vabuslover
Advanced Member

United States
246 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  2:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see vabuslover's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bus9709, will you please email me at no1lakersfan@hotmail.com I would like to ask you something.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000