Enter Forum: General Interest
 Southern Nevada Buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  3:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

I am wondering if there are any drivers from So Nev area. There are a lot of issues to discuss with the So Nev bus systems and their operations.

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  7:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There are a lot of issues to discuss with the So Nev bus systems and their operations.

I lived there when I was a kid and rode on their buses. If I still lived there, I would be driving for them.

As far as: "...a lot of issues to discuss with the So Nev bus systems and their operations..." is concerned, I would be very interested to hear what you have to say about these "issues." From my observations, CCSD seems to run an excellent fleet of buses each and every school day -- especially when you factor in the size of the area and the fact that they add about 12 schools per year to the region. I look forward to hearing about the issues you would like to discuss, as I am not aware of what they are.
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  7:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess it's not really issues, but I mean problems they have to face everyday being that large of a district.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  8:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I guess it's not really issues, but I mean problems they have to face everyday being that large of a district.

Oh, ok. Now I understand. In that case, if you mean problems they deal with everyday for such a large area, I can agree with you on that. I am sure they face many challenges, but I know they get through whatever comes there way each day.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  10:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've lived in Clark County most of my life, I don't work for them. They have a pretty large fleet spread across 4 bus yard and a ton of buses to take care of, road problems, and problem students. I wonder if there are any others here who drive for CCSD? I wonder how the first day will be like on Monday? I'd bet since we're in this town, it'll be crazy!!

I also have site with pictures of some of CCSD's buses below.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 08/26/2005 10:02:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  10:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
SchoolBusFan,

It's gonna be a major headache on Monday. For buses and regular motorists. Well, I'm sure drivers will be happy when Monday is over.
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  7:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How do you feel about the driver shortage crisis here in So Nev?
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  8:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lvbuscrazy, what kind and model year bus do you drive?
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For me, not good. I could've applied this year, lol. Well, I'm happy with my current job for now. Did you see that story on News 3 about Kendall Tenney becoming a "certified school bus driver" for a day for one of his "Kid's First" reports? That's interesting they let him drive one of the 2005 HDX (I guess it's for TV, lol).
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  07:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I saw that on the news. I wondering if he really is considered certified.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  11:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He went through the training classes, and went to the DMV. I'm guessing for a day I guess, lol.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000