Enter Forum: General Interest
 Average Number of Students
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  11:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Yall,

What is the average number of students that you have on any given day? Does it increase/decrease due to weather or other factors?

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  12:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On my bus it really varies between 30-50 passengers. The only major factor that seems to affect ridership is late bus days. On late bus days at my school, most students stay after and therefore ride the late bus, instead of the regular bus.
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  12:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed some districts have late buses and some don't, depending on the activities that are after school.
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  12:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed some districts have late buses and some don't, depending on the activities that are after school.
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  1:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes we do have late buses at all schools. At ELementary schools it is one day per week, Middle and High have buses 2-3 days per week. It is great, there are many after school programs and clubs and sports that we can get involved in!

My driver transports about 100 students per day, that is 3 runs.
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I carry about 55 passangers a day. It depends on the weather in the a.m sometimes if they'll ride or not and sometimes at night during certain months we have an after school program and they will go home on those buses which I usally go back and do one of those routes.

IC-The Golden Shield of School Transportation
Go to Top of Page

School Bus M8
Top Member

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  2:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit School Bus M8's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My middle school-high school run averages about 55 in the a.m. and 65-70 in the p.m. My 1st elementary run avereages about 55-60 and my second elementary run averages about 35-40.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  02:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I rode the bus many years ago, we had a lot of late buses running mon, wed, fri. That was in 6th grade. But in 7th it deacreased, and we had to start combining routes onto like 7 buses. That took a couple of hours to get back home, it was like riding in a huge taxi b/c there were like 8 routes on one bus, so the driver was asking where the closest stops were (eventually got to all of them). That was my experience.

I recently saw my old Middle School. When I was in 6th grade, the regular amount of buses they had (regular routes) was about 22 buses. Now, it's down to about 10.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 08/04/2005 02:11:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  07:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first bus run I had about 40 passengers and my second run with was a Kindergarten bus run I had 52.

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

lvbuscrazy

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Send lvbuscrazy an AOL message  Send lvbuscrazy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Schoolbusfan,

What was your middle school? I am also from Las Vegas.
Go to Top of Page

disneynuts
Advanced Member

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  12:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit disneynuts's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i drive for Williams Bus Lines a contractor in Northern Va.

Our routes vary from a few as 6 kids per bus to one that has 66 kids per bus.

All of our buses are the full size buses. So there is lots for room for the kids to spread out.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  9:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another item that comes into play is the budget! Two years ago, our school district cut the late buses. Last year, they were re-instated. If the money isn't there, the buses can't be used for that extra run!
Go to Top of Page

IC CE-300

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  10:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Another item that comes into play is the budget! Two years ago, our school district cut the late buses. Last year, they were re-instated. If the money isn't there, the buses can't be used for that extra run!

I would rather see kids riding on a late bus than walking home, riding a bike, or getting a ride from someone else after school. Even though the buses usually don't stop door-to-door, I believe students are still safer on a school bus than anything else. Late buses are very beneficial when it comes to the "safety factor."

International Truck and Engine Corporation: "We Take Pride In Your Ride." (Former Slogan)
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  11:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I would rather see kids riding on a late bus than walking home, riding a bike, or getting a ride from someone else after school. Even though the buses usually don't stop door-to-door, I believe students are still safer on a school bus than anything else. Late buses are very beneficial when it comes to the "safety factor."

While that may be true, the budget almost always makes it or breaks it when it comes to providing late buses.

You have a good point, but keep in mind, most kids who stay after school may not want to wait for the late bus. Late buses usually have other routes to do before going back to the school they have to do late runs for. Most kids don't like waiting around. Furthermore, a lot of kids don't like riding buses, period! If they have friends in the school that drive a car, they usually will try to get a ride with them. Or, if the kids live near the school, they can get home quicker than waiting for the bus.

Even though the bus is the safest mode of transportation, some kids choose to get a ride from a friend or simply walk home.
Go to Top of Page

Kittybus

40 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2005 :  5:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ON my routes High School, I have 61 kids. 1st Elementary 72, 2nd elemtary 28 in the morning. In the PM it fluctuates due to after school activities. All our schools have sfter school activities MOnday thru Thursday. NOne on Fridays.
Go to Top of Page

CrownBus1
Top Member

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2005 :  10:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's usually anywhere from 25-65 studets on my bus. The average is about 40.

Bus 1
1985 Crown
Go to Top of Page

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  6:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I average 6 kids on my bus.
Go to Top of Page

deleon

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  08:00:25 AM  Show Profile  Send deleon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my buses is over full

DeLeon Anderson
bus 20
Go to Top of Page

deleon

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  08:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Send deleon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
and i have a 65 pass bus (FS65)

DeLeon Anderson
bus 20
Go to Top of Page

deleon

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2005 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Send deleon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
and i have a 65 pass bus (FS65)

DeLeon Anderson
bus 20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000