Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 digital video recorders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  5:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any of you use the DVR from REI? How do you like them? User friendly? Easy to install?

I would appreciate any info.
Thanks.

Mizlplix

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  09:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mizlplix's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use a Bus Vision, model 350. It is a 4 camera system. We use B&W cameras because of their clear pics in low light conditions. We have 19 units in the fleet and have 19 comming in new buses.

Their software is easy to use also. It requires almost no training at all. You get into it right away.

It will zoom in up to 4 times before "pixeling" out. You can read a Tee-shirt logo from 1/2 way down the bus aisle.

We opted for the 40MB hard disk upgrade because at our frame rate, it provides almost 3 weeks of time.

If a student "did the same thing last week", you can pull up last week to check.

It takes all of 30 seconds to change the hard disk. The reader station is in the Directors office, attached to a desktop computer.

4 thumbs up on this product.(It was only $700 more than our VCR units)

Go to Top of Page

rswboe
Top Member

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2005 :  09:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How reliable are these units? We use REI & Safety Vision vhs units, and they drive me nuts. I spend more time on VCR issues than any other problem. I don't think I have one unit that has actually worked 100% when I really needed it to.

Live each like it's going to be your last, one day you'll be right!
Go to Top of Page

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  2:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a web site for Bus Vision?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  8:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is there a web site for Bus Vision?
Thanks

Try this one: http://www.busvision.com/site.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000