Fieldtrip buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thomasfan892

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  1:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is your favorite school bus that you went on fieldtrip?

Mid-City bus #232, a 2003 Thomas/Frieghtliner

It has:
tinted windows
black window frames
2 roof hatches
black rub rails
MBE-900 4-cylinder diesel engine
dual stop arms
polyester ceiling
gray interior
green seats
black flat floor
left hand side emergency door
4 pushout windows
changeable destination sign

BTW, On 2003 Thomas buses why are words "DO NOT BLOCK" on the pushout windows and emergency doors?

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  1:59:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh brother!! Let's see if i can remember that far back! The kind of bus which was my favorite for a field trip were buses that didn't sound weird, buses that had an interior light monitor, and buses that weren't funny looking. I didn't pay attention to all the other details when I was a kid.

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 07/31/2003 2:00:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  2:07:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets see, a 2002 Thomas International #12
DT466E
Black Window Frames ( No tints)
Air Door, Air Horn, Air Brakes, Air Ride
High Headroom, full Sound deadening ceiling
Child Checkmate system
Light by enternece door exterior
Powered roof vent
Dual Tanspec LED Sop Arms
16 lamp ELM
AM/FM/PA/(internal and external)Cassette
Grey Seats, Black Floor
Roof Strobe and much much more.
I also loved riding our 1993 Thomas Saf-T-Liner ER. But I won't go into detail to save forum space!!
Greg Hovan

Edited by - Thomasfan89 on 07/31/2003 2:07:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't been on field trips since the 1960's! My favorite bus to drive on a field trip was old 82-A, that bus made a couple of senior trips from Michigan to New York and D.C.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  11:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK..I have to chime in with my favorite field trip bus...
I was a band student in High School, and although we were sponosred by a charter company (they even painted their buses with our school colors) we took Activity buses in the spring to a few local competitions...My home town's high schools all had activity buses...Saf-T-Liner ERs (late 90s)...These were a new addition my senior year of high school, but Ive honestly never seen nicer school buses...These might as well have been charter buses made by Thomas...They were painted white, and had the 8 way blacked out...Activity seating, AC, Luggage storage (exterior and interior), and panoramic windows, and they only had top and bottom rub rails, which made for a perfectly smooth side...All of them were painted white with the schools colors painted in a standard design along the sides. They were NICE for school buses

=
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  3:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite field trip bus would have to be old 39. The last time I rode on it was about nine yrs. ago in third grade. It was a 1993 GMC Blue Bird. Loved that bus....

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

DJBUSMARK

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2003 :  06:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Send DJBUSMARK an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The 2004 Thomas/Freightliners that recently arrived at our bus yard have the "Do Not Block" stickers as well. The 2003's that we have don't have them. I also noticed that the 2003 and 2004 Thomas/Freightliners we have when you open the emergency door or lift any of the red emergency window handles you hear a high pitched whistle for the alarm instead of the loud buzz that you get with pre-2002 Thomas.

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000